Recent content by Gtstorey

1. G

Automatic transmission question/thought

The trans cooler thermostat that I have on my Camaro has a set value 180 degrees (and that is all I've ever seen them available at) so I wouldn't worry to much about 195.
  2. G

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

You will probably get more quotes than you want, and keep getting them for a year.
  3. G

ECM X1 & X2 Plug wires cut out

This is not that unusual. The individual wire connectors get looser the more they are messed with. The large connectors aren't really designed to be taken loose multiple times and if you start having issues where you are trouble shooting them a lot, the worse they get. You also have to be...
  4. G

Project Undertow #388

My service manual for the later models calls the ECM power “ignition voltage” and “battery positive voltage”.
  5. G

Project Undertow #388

I’m pretty sure there have been recent links by Ross that covers wiring diagrams for all donors.
  6. G

What 5v are you talking about and what did you use for ground?
  7. G

Have you started at one end of the starting wiring diagram and determined what part isn't happening?
  8. G

If you ever want to log a wideband for tuning, leave the ac pressure sensor. Or various other 5v sensors can be logged using that as an input.
  9. G

Welded differential

As far as I’m concerned, welded diffs are only for drag racing.
  10. G

Dan's #495 build (2006 SS/SC)

Don’t do video. Mark it on a wiring diagram.
  11. G

New Member Introduction

I’m running square with rear sway bar and it’s pretty neutral with just a small amount of oversteer. Except for snap oversteer if I get on the brakes hard at the wrong time. That’s only happened once when someone pulled out in front of me in a curve, but it was a wild ride for a few seconds.
  12. G

Learning to tune!

Most of the pro tuners in the GM Gen 3&4 HPT forums recommend using fuel trims for anything but WOT, but I don’t know how that relates to lsj and base tuning. The LNF is its own thing and doesn’t match up with anything else GM.
  13. G

Zacm829's Track Goblin #474-07 SS/SC donor

Auburn? Don’t they have a soccer team? Or is it softball?
  14. G

Rauq's Twincharged LSJ in SC - #240 - GOBZILA

Just giving a list of things that could indicate problems. Of course, the best way to check fuel pump is to monitor fuel pressure even if that means video of a mechanical gauge.
  15. G

New potential Goblin owner

Goblin at Road Atlanta DF GOBLIN GRIDLIFE SOUTH (youtube.com)