Recent content by Painjack

1. P

Michigan Street Legal A/T Goblin for sale.

I think the glass was about 200$, it was a year ago so that may not be an accurate price anymore. The rest I did myself, so probably less than 300 total.
  2. P

Its a flat piece of DOT approved laminated safety glass, sandwiched between two pieces of sheet steel that I cut out. The outer piece has side panels that connect up to roll bar clamps to hold it in place.
  3. P

Chassis number 277, standard length with easy entry door bars. Donor was a 2009 cobalt with a naturally aspirated 2.2 liter 4 cylinder ecotec. I replaced the full timing kit during the build, and the donor had 99,624 miles on it. Fully DOT compliant windshield, including wiper and washers...
  4. P

Painjack's All Terrain Gobin build (#277) (Picture Heavy)

Just applied for my title today, the folks at the SOS office were surprisingly helpful! The initial vehicle inspection wasn't bad either, once I finally found someone who would do it. My county sheriff department apparently doesn't do Assembled Vehicle inspections anymore, I had to head up to...
  5. P

It is a custom piece of flat glass, it was about 200$ at a local glass shop to get made. I wrestled for a while with trying to find something that would fit like a corvette windshield or the like, but finding dimensions online was troublesome, and in the end I was not up for making a curved...
  6. P

uh, I used what DF sent me? Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't really get what you are asking here.
  7. P

I built the frame, it's made of 11 gauge mild steel, with a second piece of the same and bolts between the two. Weather strip foam on both sides, and then the glass is sandwiched in between them. I cut it all out of cardboard to get the fit and shape right, then plasma cut it out of a big...
  8. P

Just finished installing the parking brakes, finished up a laminated safety glass windshield earlier this year. With the parking brakes on, it should now pass a Michigan inspection (TR-54 Form), and I should hopefully be able to get it plated and street legal in the near future.
  9. P

I had issues with mine too, but they were more errors on my part I think.
  10. P

I have not looked in a while, I know that they were working on a new set of videos. If they are still the old ones that just show the standard version, be prepared for the coolant pipes and radiator to be very different. You won't run pipes through the frame rails, and have to turn 180 from...
  11. P

I got the XXR 530 "Intense" Wheels - 16x8.25 - 4x100/4x114.3 Bolt (53068462) from MAPerformance.com. The tires are Toyo Open Country A/T III.
  12. P

I saw in one of your posts that you are using a sxs windshield wiper, can you link to where you...

I saw in one of your posts that you are using a sxs windshield wiper, can you link to where you got it? All the ones I have found are way to long for the short windshield we have.
  13. P

..alright, so. Yeah, I feel pretty stupid at the moment. Spent like 2 hours on Monday pulling out circuit diagrams for the dashboard indicator, tracing wires and checking grounds from the BCM connectors.. even spliced in a ground that I could manually make to trip the relay to get it back in...
  14. P

Spent a bunch of timing working on the car over the weekend, re-routed all the coolant hoses with 90° elbows and a 180° coming off the water pump. With the A/T versions the radiator is behind the engine, which requires some creative plumbing. Got the fans working and with the new coolant lines...
  15. P

Gtstorey you had it on the money. I pulled the fuse box apart and hit that wire with the multimeter, and now it read as an open line. Found the problem! Enhance! Enhance! This is that bastard ground that I took off and cleaned up a week or so ago. Apparently I did a very poor job...