Recent content by PyroGuy923

1. P

PyroGuy's 2008 SS Build - #208

They are the DF supplied ones. Painted the parking brake handle and front hubs. Cleaned up and sanded
  2. P

Which alignment holes do you recommend for normal street driving?
  3. P

Made some progress over the last week. Front suspension assembled. Gauge Cluster Panel Buttons Wasn't a fan of rivetting the tunnel cover on so drilled out and tapped it for M4 button head hex bots. Brake reservoir mounted. And secured the heat exchanger coolant line/fill neck.
  4. P

Williamj95 Build

Get a big impact gun. Helped me out tremendously. Bought it mainly for the axle nuts but use it all the time.
  5. P

Progress has been slow lately. Got the hubs separated from the spindles and cleaned up to get power coated. New front tie rods on (not properly secured yet) Brakes disassembled and ready for the power coater And my seats finally came after 8 months. Woohoo!
  6. P

@Ross the circled part to protect the ball joint. Didn't know if there was a particular bellow/boot since the diameter of the tube around the ball joint is much smaller than the steering rack.
  7. P

Tie rod question. Is it just the ends that need swapped? I originally thought it was the rods and ends? What do people do for boots on the back?
  8. P

Friday progress. Got the fuel pump orientation changed, new fuel line made, subframe mounted, and started to press in new control arm bushings but destroyed one of the rears. Had to order a new one and will take it somewhere to get pressed in. Ran into an issue with the radiator...
  9. P

Cheap Bluetooth OBDII scanners

Here's a little screen capture from the Blue Driver live data. Third startup and wanted to make sure radiator and coolant temps worked as they should.
  10. P

Cheap Bluetooth OBDII scanners

Just picked one up and used it for the first time. Happy with it thus far. Liked the live readout on it.
  11. P

Getting real nervous about heat

Think I found my issue. Never connected the stock radiator wire in the connector to the extended one in the harness.
  12. P

Getting real nervous about heat

I'm in the same boat. Bought a brand new thermostat from Rock Auto that is 180 degrees. Someone just posted that the fan won't kick on until 217 so going to test it tomorrow.
  13. P

Got my control arms and intercooler/piping back from the powdercoater. Hope to get the bushings installed this weekend. And she sprung a leak. Gasket doesn't appear it will be a fun job.
  14. P

Mega Grey by Prismatic Powders https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-6831/mega-grey
  15. P

Got all the coolant stuff hooked up, subframe and solid mounts in. Need to get a bigger line to make a new fuel line. The one I got was too small. She lives!!!! First turn of the key and no leaks!