Recent content by Ross

1. Ross

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

ZZP MAF pipe here. Amazon MAF pipe here. ZZP MAP pipe here and here. Intercooling aluminum and silicon piping at frozenboost.
  2. Ross

Grants Full Cage Goblin - '06 LT NA Donor

My car is the same. Put the bolt in, and pull the A arm back into shape, the DOM tubing will spring a little.
  3. Ross

Brake proportioning valve and brake lines for a SC or NA goblin

New 260-12627 - Wilwood Brake Proportioning Valve , and used brake lines. A proportioning valve will allow your goblin to stop quicker, and you can balance your tire setup, as the stock Cobalt settings are quite different than what your goblin needs. If your master cylinder has the 10mm on...
  4. Ross

Project Undertow #388

Red wires on a Cobalt are typically "battery positive voltage" wires, then once they go thru a fuse, are Red wires with a White stripe. If they also go thru the run/start relay, then they are typically Pink wires, that are switched by the key.
  5. Ross

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Good point. The fuel pump has always been a spot that collects dust. I did change out the fuel pump, and reuse the green O ring, torqued it until it touched the 1/4" drill bit as my thickness shim. I made a trip out to the garage, and my nose agrees with you, the smell is stronger near the...
  6. Ross

Full Floating Race Brakes Group Buy

7. Ross

ECM X1 & X2 Plug wires cut out

Well that is progress! Does the engine start or do we have new symptoms now? OBDii pins 6 and 14 are the GM high speed LAN wires, which are bouncing between 1.5 and 3.5 volts, so the voltage measurements you got were normal.
  8. Ross

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Well that scared me. There was a minor explosion, and then a bunch of crackles. Oh the fun of getting to learn a new engine. I don't see any damage, but my 6 rib serpentine belt is now a 5 rib. I feel better that it is a cheap fix. Now if I could just find out where the smell of gas is coming...
  9. Ross

Lets talk paint

I tried the Rustoleum 500F engine paint on the muffler, as the 2000F VHT stuff keeps flaking off. We will see if it goes back to silver after a few more heat cycles... otherwise it is back to the flakey stuff.
  10. Ross

I like to loosen all the mounting bolts about 1/4", then lift the engine a bit. Then put in the remaining mounting bolts.
  11. Ross

The SS turbo and SS supercharged both came with the F35 transmission.
  12. Ross

Congrats on getting the high speed LAN to the correct resistance. Your two 5 volt circuits are both under 3V? Weird that both circuits have an issue. Where did you measure the voltage at? Something is dragging down the voltage... probably related to why it isn't starting.
  13. Ross

It might just be the connectors. They are designed for a limited use, and can get damaged (loose connection) or get dirt in them, and prevent electricity from flowing. So even if the harness is correctly modified, you can get issues. You can isolate the issue when the harness is installed...
  14. Ross

The A/T is for automatic transmission... which has a shift lock. Here is the connector pinout. It mentions the MN5 (Automatic Transmission 4 Speed) and MXO is a general code for an automatic transmission. You have the 5 speed manual transmission, so no need to supply voltage to that solenoid.
  15. Ross

No need to include them unless you are keeping the stock stereo... which I don't think anyone has done.