Recent content by SwerveMonkey

1. S

Re-use of Aftermarket Donor Springs

I'll hold on to them then and see how things go... in the meantime I'll reinstall them on the painted struts
  2. S

Re-use of Aftermarket Donor Springs

I've been trying to find examples of what to do with aftermarket donor parts, specifically springs.... not sure if I am looking in the right corners of the forum though, so here i am to ask. I've two pair of eibach springs stamped 4.9938F, from what i gather in initial research shows that...
  3. S

SwerveMonkey's Street Goblin - 08 Donor

Alright! got some traction on the project again during what was a rare glimpse of Long Island warm spring weather... skies 've been sort of erratic as of late. never the less, I got a few pieces with the rattle can their first coats... i was shocked how much a wire brush can clean up some...
  4. S

Still prepping the pedals has proven to be a bad time, lol. I broke the bolt holding the clutch sensor, there was thread lock was on the bolt & snapped with use of an impact driver.... Took some time to grind a slot into it and i think heating up the bolt is what actually help it come out...
  5. S

been a hot minute for sure... but given the situation this was not a top priority to press forward until settling into the new norm.... sigh since the last post, was able to finalize the body harness prep work... there are still a few things to complete once the assembly begins, but for now I...
  6. S

Another Harness Mistake

@Lonny, TEN-FOUR!! I've been preoccupied anyway having to convert and cover my wiring table as a quarantine clean zone... long story short, I am a Particle Accelerator operator in Long Island, Ny and are taking extreme precautions using my Rad-Worker Job training... essentially I imagine the...
  7. S

Another Harness Mistake

after rewatching the original wiring section i noticed that the ignition assembly has a spot that the keylock would normally go in... this is confirmation enough for me that I can delete those wires fully in the manual build
  8. S

Another Harness Mistake

thank you for the cross check ! :- D reverse light?!? I'll see if i can trace back from the tail lamps then... this thing has to be noted somewhere I'll double back and check again
  9. S

Another Harness Mistake

Awesome News! I can thin the evap wire without worry
  10. S

Another Harness Mistake

Bump for any updates still looking for answers regarding the EVAP wire, I think I'll have to end up sourcing a new canister for the NYS cat requirements and the unlabeled wire that terminates at the body to engine connector... I can't for the life of me find the connector to trace back where...
  11. S

further fodder to fuel the dream... confirmed to be chassis #197 still have a couple hurdles to jump before assembly begins... The wiring harness needs to be cleaned up and finalized the donor parts need to be cleaned up [ warm weather pending;) ]
  12. S

ok... with things the way they are, pandemic included, i thought now would be the time to strike and get my place in line for my kit... order # 1165 placed and i have a place in line... have to do freight at the moment with no business address to accept things right now here in long island.
  13. S

Coronavirus and DF Kit Car

just so long as they are still taking new orders I'll be happy, tough call having to choose between chasing a dream and needing to dip into savings to stay afloat in these hard economic times Thanks to everyone at DF and to everyone in the community please stay safe
  14. S

Another Harness Mistake

Ahhhh, cool... then I need to connect the dots on the CAT electrical connection before thinning that out completely Also I answered my own question after going back and thinking of a novel approach to BradR's electrical spreadsheet please use this guys, it is awesome! I had not thought to...
  15. S

I'm sometimes such an idiot... caught it though finally... BIG THANK YOU to BradR and Ross... who provided tools to verify that the connector I am looking for would have gone to the BCM X1 connector have to update the separate electrical query over on the other forum board EDIT: current...