Recent content by SwerveMonkey

1. SwerveMonkey

DF Goblin Assembly - Installing the Brake Booster and Master Cylinder

will the early model nuts work with a late model booster? I'm converting from early model to late model systems and found that the booster and cylinders are incompatible between versions. changing from the early model booster to late model type also means I will need to source a spacer.
  2. SwerveMonkey

SwerveMonkey's Street Goblin #197 - 08 Donor

having what could be compatibility issues with swapping over the the SS cylinder and booster configuration. Not sure if the nuts associated with the old brake booster will work to secure the new booster to the frame and cylinder. I would imagine that those bolts are standardized, but then again...
  3. SwerveMonkey

OK... so ... spent some time this week removing rust from rear "steering rack" and found that tie rod ends have lost a bit of grease. I'm not entirely worried since the stability of them are not at critical, but I will be replacing the tie rod ends soon since it would be an improvement. Got the...
  4. SwerveMonkey

THIS! yeah, it crossed my mind recently when trying to better understand how the brake booster fails and what to look for. I wasn't sure it would make that much of a difference, but it is definitely worth giving a shot after having seen others using the same tactic to tune the force of the...
  5. SwerveMonkey

I definitely wont overlook this offer! Thank you. I'll DM you to coordinate, I'd like to pay for the shipping. As it turns out the booster does have more fluid in it than just in the vacuum chamber... I was playing around with it and heard sloshing even though i drained the firewall side...
  6. SwerveMonkey

I was puzzled why after bleeding the brakes i still had a spongy pedal and found something in good ol' youtube university about brake boosters failing... and yeah, i checked with a zip tie dip stick, LoL. it came back up with about an inch of fluid on it.... just from looking online for the...
  7. SwerveMonkey

While still hoping to form a sort of spring maintenance list i found a very spongy brake pedal. I went ahead and bleed the lines, albeit in an EXTREMELY rudimentary way, by using a precision cut in a water bottle to collect fluid as the pedal was pushed, ha ha. However, bleeding the lines...
  8. SwerveMonkey

Engine Covers

Has anyone taken the effort to redesign the engine cover to have an Ariel type scoop for N/A applications?? Might work well for intercooler placement as well... not sure if it would get heat soak since it is above the engine.
  9. SwerveMonkey

while i am too lazy to go grab my chilton... i googled torque specs for the wheel hubs. came across this link for the L61 engine code... titled "L61 Ecotec - Overview, Torque, Fluid, and Engine Specs" as well as this link for the LSJ engine code... titled "Ecotec 2.0L LSJ Power + Torque Specs"...
  10. SwerveMonkey

That's exactly what i am thinking now... initially i considered scrounging through my left over donor bolts, but realized that was a DEATHLY bad idea. found a few options... most expensive but convenient would be local AdvancedAuto... cheapest so far is 1A parts @ ~ 60 each.
  11. SwerveMonkey

place holder update.... doing researches in mean times "burped" the cooling system- worm clamps bad, need replace with better in future cleaned air filters, consider cutting current tube for shorter ram found missing wheel hub bolt on rear passngr side, replace botl of simply buy new hub?
  12. SwerveMonkey

Custom STL Files for 3D Printed Goblin Parts

Had a hard time trying to track down files, and even now I am still trying to find the *.STL file. For the time being though, I can provide the G-Code for direct to printer settings... but USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. gcode is tweaked for my printer and may not be the same across the board... however...
  13. SwerveMonkey

Been a long time since i posted... FINALLY moved house again since last post and #197 has been on the road a LOT since then and racked up some miles and an oil change to boot! one thing that hit me hard though was the fact that the headlight brackets that i 3d printed looked to be giving up...
  14. SwerveMonkey

Custom STL Files for 3D Printed Goblin Parts

just a follow up from AEONS ago... thought I should eat my words and admit that indeed I did trust the 3dprinted part at highway speeds.... After having printed solid infill for a move between states I left the 3dprinted solid brackets on #197 for my long drives. After several test drives in...
  15. SwerveMonkey

Winter Maintenance suggestions??

Forgot to include the couple threads that i had already looked over... Devo's thread and Astraeus' thread In the second link i saw it was LNF related... #197 is an L61, not sure of the difference(s) there I'm still unclear on which models had what problems. EDIT: correcting second link...