Recent content by winddude

1. winddude

Quebec/canada registration

Just an a bit of an update, it sounds like transport Canada has reversed their decision, I'm not positive what it was, I sent them pictures from DF of the kit contents, and explained how their are no complete systems. I believe Adam from DF may have reached out. So it sounds like I will be able...
  2. winddude

Agreed, just made that argument to them, that none of those are complete systems. I'll see what they say back. And the brake parts are regular maintenance items. For some reason they asked for pictures of the parts.
  3. winddude

#281 Cdot's Canadian 2010 XFE Build

How did you import it? Transport Canada is currently telling me the kit is too complete for import. Also what part of Canada? I'm on Vancouver Island.
  4. winddude

I'm might be the one in BC, not registered, I've been really stuck on importation, it seemed there fax number was broken, they finally got back to me with an email. I'm trying to work through some issues to get my kit imported, telling me it's too complete for importation, this was their response:
  5. winddude

Advice for Autocross Beginners

take your time on the first few laps, learn to read the course, and relax. I think it's pretty common to get lost, miss gates, ask for help, or ride along with an experienced driver, or ask an experienced driver to ride along with you and help you learn the course.
  6. winddude

Manual Shifter Upgrade

Think one will be ready to ship out with chassis 293?
  7. winddude

AIM MXG 1.2 Dash

looks very slick!!
  8. winddude

Header?

I was wondering this exact thing thing when I discovered my manifold has a crack. They looked longer, so I was wondering how they will line up. What cheapo headers did you buy? I guess does anyone have pics from multiple angles of the dfgoblin ss/sc exhausted mounted and measurements on...
  9. winddude

A Peek Into DF Kit Car

You can't see, but I'm smiling like a kid who just got his dream xmas gift right now!! :D I've been dreaming about building my own car for as long as I can remember.
  10. winddude

WindDude's Standard Street Goblin - 07 SS donor - Canadian Build

mJust beat the rain and Made some progress and got the engine out today. If I was doing it again I would take the rad off first to make it easier to get around the frame horns. Also triple check for connections, or have a second set of eye I missed the hydraulic line for the clutch and...
  11. winddude

Detailed donor parts list

radiator is on the discard/sell list right? '07 SS/SC
  12. winddude

Removing from hubs and bearings from knuckles

Take 'em to a local shop that has a press, usually only charge you a few bucks, unless your bearings are so seized you bend there 20ton press... :oops:
  13. winddude

Manual Shifter Upgrade

looks cool and very smooth. But reverse lock out looks like a bit of a nuisance, especially if you're dreaming of a gated shiftier.
  14. winddude

A Peek Into DF Kit Car

I'm next!! Yay!!! :D Sorry to hear about the brutal storm, glad everyone and the business is alright.