Blitz's Standard City Frame 07 SS/SC

95Blitz

That might not work for an LSJ alternator but it sure looks like it’ll work with my L61. Where are you bolting the lower idler to?
This is the best picture I have of the design i'm using.

I have made it in aluminum but may still change the design some.

95Blitz

The LSJ alternator pulley is a one way pulley, (overrunning alternator decoupler) that will only work if driven the other way.
You might be able to switch to a different Ecotec alternator or OAD pulley, so that it will work.
Did not know that, thank you sir. I'll get a different pulley and toss on there..

95Blitz

Got the dash onto the floorboard this afternoon, steering and brake/gas pedal box out. Clutch pedal is still in the dash, that white clip is kicking my butt.
That's a deal Graber.

95Blitz

Got finished stripping the donor this afternoon. No for the rain to quit and the ground to dry up some so I can pull the car out of the shop. So I will have some room. You can strip the car in a 12x24 building but it's a tight fit. Thinning the wiring harnesses are next on the list.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I'll be following along to see how this works out. I've thought about running the heat exchanger (or another heat exchanger) in front of the radiator, but the only other person that I can see that's done this is Wombat. I've looked at motorcycle radiators and car auxiliary radiators for something in the range of 10x10x(1-2ish) and running it by itself or in series, but for now I've decided to just get the car running first.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Well I have started to mock up.
IMO Pros:
-'clean' airflow while moving
-airflow if the radiator fan is on while sitting stationary
IMO Cons:
-partial blockage of the radiator airflow which may not be an issue depending upon the ambient air temperature
-heat exchanger in contact with the radiator may cause some heat transfer if no airflow
-may require some fabrication of a mount (plastic through the cooling fins mounts are not recommended)

This configuration will get better heat exchanger cooling than the stock mounting location behind the radiator. Be sure to share your experience with this mounting configuration.

95Blitz

I'm hoping the cooling system can take the air restriction. The exchanger will be off of the radiator 1/4 -1/2 inch on it's own mount. I'm going to do the fan the same way but sealed with a shroud. I hate the plastic fan mounts that go through the radiator.
Don't worry I'll keep this updated with mod info and will add links on the first post as stuff happens.

pisco

I have settled on a color, it's a rattle can color. I didn't want Maaco to paint it and around here powder coat is stupid high and so is line-x.

View attachment 23082
how was the rattle can to apply?
I got a hvlp “touch up” gun and quarts of rust oleum farm implement paint and it’s gone pretty well so far. I’m glad to see another goblin with a painted frame to make me feel like less of a weirdo.

95Blitz

how was the rattle can to apply?
I got a hvlp “touch up” gun and quarts of rust oleum farm implement paint and it’s gone pretty well so far. I’m glad to see another goblin with a painted frame to make me feel like less of a weirdo.
Super easy to spray, it's rough to the touch so a wet sanding is needed then maybe a clear coat we will see. I wanted powder coat but I am going to change a few things down the road and there is no good way to do that with powder.

pisco

Super easy to spray, it's rough to the touch so a wet sanding is needed then maybe a clear coat we will see. I wanted powder coat but I am going to change a few things down the road and there is no good way to do that with powder.
I agree. Another reason I decided to paint.
I figured I could always strip it to the frame in a couple years and coat it then reassemble with mods. Not knowing what I want to add I figured it best to wait on expensive coatings.

95Blitz

After thinking about the bottom of the floor a lot I decided not to paint it. It should never be seen (I hope).

The top of the floor pan is painted with Rust-oleum Truck Bed Coating. It has a nice textured finish when dry.

I really like the new steering wheel DF is offering.

Thanks for the deal on the seats Towerdog.