Search results

1. Ross

New Item - Tubular Subframe and Rear Suspension for Manual Goblins

Getting to neutral balance is a main objective. Maybe Randy Pobst didn't realize how rear heavy our goblins are.
  2. Ross

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

My F35 had a magnet on the drain plug. I have cleaned it twice. I probably should add a magnet to the side of the oil filter.
  3. Ross

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

I have bought parts from BC Racing, if that is the rear shock that you are needing parts for.
  4. Ross

New Item - Tubular Subframe and Rear Suspension for Manual Goblins

If you are going to fabricate a sway bar mount, do it up front. Randy Pobst was wondering why I setup my goblin with a rear sway bar, as a front sway bar is a better option, or run front and rear sway bars, with the front sway bar as the bigger bar.
  5. Ross

5x114.3 bearing hubs

That wheel speed sensor is used by the automatic braking system, and ABS is not on our goblins, so it isn't needed.
  6. Ross

The drain hole line runs horizontally to the gear pump, so that should always be full of oil. After the pump, the pressurized oil flows up to the upside down filter, then to visual flow indicator, then back to the transmission fill hole. So, no the filter housing isn't lower than the return...
  7. Ross

I am pulling oil from the drain plug hole. I bought Banjo Bolt M18x1.5 with 12mm Hose Barb Fittings as this is the same thread on the drain plug and fill plug. Gear Oil Pump 12VDC Electric Waster Oil Pump $34.96 Banjo Bolt M18x1.5 12mm Banjo Bolt Hose Barb Fittings 13.99 Derale...
  8. Ross

This transmission had an oil change a few days ago, (using redline MT-90) and this is the color of the filtered oil going back into the transmission. I wonder if there was some graphite additive at some point in its' life, or if this is normal?
  9. Ross

Yes. The original Cobalt owner had a leaky seal on the half shaft, which left oil up the side of the engine, and I didn't like how the oil looked. So I decided it was cheaper to put an oil filter on it, as an oil change doesn't really get all the oil out.
  10. Ross

Shiney nut gadget #2:
  11. Ross

Grayson M Full Cage Goblin #488 - 07 SS/SC donor

Here are some generic engine pics. I ran my parking brake cables thru the middle of the LSJ oil pan.
  12. Ross

My 6 rib belt reduced itself to a 5 rib, and I was not looking forward to fighting with the Cobalt tensioner. So I did a little welding to make a custom tool that slips over the tensioner. With the help of some vice grips, I compressed the tensioner, and swapped out my belt. This was my...
  13. Ross

My goblin is......

Bob S. owns it.
  14. Ross

SOLD: Brake proportioning valve and brake lines for a SC or NA goblin

Sold! Those are some bad ass lines! Thanks for making them Russell, and making autocross better for our community. They are off to help Jcas make some quicker stops.
  15. Ross

SOLD: Brake proportioning valve and brake lines for a SC or NA goblin

I think it will, as Lonny only sells 2 kits, the 10mm or 12mm kit. 10mm master cylinders were on NA and SC cars, while the turbo cars have 12mm.
  16. Ross

The Cobalt 3 point seat belt retractor only takes a small rock to prevent it from working. So I took it apart again, and this time I wrapped it with HVAC aluminum tape, to keep the rocks out. While I was in there... I removed the SRS explosive belt retractor, and 2 feet of seat belt, as it was...
  17. Ross

I won another auction.

Lol. Well that is a lot more affordable, and a nice addition to the fridge.
  18. Ross

I won another auction.

Ron Gralinski goblin 445? Congrats on buying it. What are your plans for a second goblin?
  19. Ross

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

ZZP MAF pipe here. Amazon MAF pipe here. ZZP MAP pipe here and here. Intercooling aluminum and silicon piping at frozenboost.