Search results

1. Rauq

GOTW - 4-26-24 #197 Will Jackson

You should tell more stories, I'd listen to them! That's a good one. Do itttttttt, throw some rods and pistons in that L61 and tell me how much better the E37 is for tuning!
  2. Rauq

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

I'm not sure if there's a magnet inside the F35 like there is in the F23, but assuming there is and the case has never been split, there's probably a good bit of junk on that magnet. It's also usually near the bottom of the fluid level, so I wonder if you're pulling the junk off with that setup?
  3. Rauq

F23 Transmission connectors and line hookup

Still can't find a part number. I grabbed this picture from an eBay ad for an F23 to show a picture of the breather plug: It looks similar to the one on the auto trans: Unless you or someone else can come up with a part number, that may be something that you have to grab at a junkyard if you...
  4. Rauq

F23 Transmission connectors and line hookup

IMG_1262 is the vehicle speed sensor. 1265 and 1266 are where the clutch hydraulic hose goes, there's info with a part number you'll need here. I believe 1263 and 1264 are the fill port. My junkyard F23 came with a plug that's also a breather. I'm not sure if your plug will suffice or if you...
  5. Rauq

Tow-Rig - 2003 Silverado 1500HD - Quadrasteer

With lowering the rear, changing caster in the rear steer system is a possibility to keep in mind.
  6. Rauq

Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

a lot of the squatted trucks around me (which is a lot of them) seriously think this way
  7. Rauq

Rauq's Twincharged LSJ in SC - #240 - GOBZILA

I picked up a Saab 9-3 recently for a daily now that I regularly transport a carseat. Definitely not to have a backup motor for the Goblin... but it does have the B207R and an F40. It's pretty fun and fits exactly what I was looking for in a beater. In addition, at Gridlife, I heard from a...
  8. Rauq

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

You can buy DF's brake hoses here. The Goblin rear can use stock Cobalt fronts but I think the Goblin fronts are longer than any Cobalt brake lines. They also carry an OE replacement intercooler pump.
  9. Rauq

Yeah I never felt great about my execution of T11-13, but I have come to terms with my preferred balance of performance and aggression- aka I'm a wimp and I'm ok with it. I was ok with my line and speed through T10 once and only once, and immediately followed that up by the lockup and off at T11...
  10. Rauq

Gridlife Carolinas at CMP is a wrap! I drove the car onto the trailer, so I count that as a win. The car is definitely a better performer than I am a driver. It's not very fast when it runs out of gas, however. I spun coming out of T14 early in the first session. I blame an attempt to exit in...
  11. Rauq

GOTW - 4-12-24 #240 Michael R

Gridlife Carolinas at CMP is a wrap! I drove the car onto the trailer, so I count that as a win. The car is definitely a better performer than I am a driver. You can check out a full recap and videos on my build thread.
  12. Rauq

GOTW - 4-12-24 #240 Michael R

We made it to Gridlife!
  13. Rauq

Jeep,Explorer,F150

I thought F-150 has Ford's version of a ZF 6HP, not the 10 speed the fast Coyotes are running. And I misunderstood that you were going to be running the DOHC 5.0 Coyote motor from the F-150 versus the OHV 5.0 from the Explorer. Does kind of make sense based on the size of the block, I've always...
  14. Rauq

Jeep,Explorer,F150

So what do you end up using out of the Explorer? I'm personally not a big Coyote fan myself but that's definitely the better of the two 5.0's you have on hand! Keep us updated!
  15. Rauq

Welded differential

I'd roll the dice on this before I welded the diff. I am running one, but I did pick up a hardware kit from this guy and replaced the belleville washers and bolts, and the helical gears were backwards so I flipped them. But it's held up great for me for 2 years, and a trans fluid change at the...
  16. Rauq

Anyone tried the fender brackets both ways and found a meaningful difference side to side? I installed them both ways and threw the wheel back on and couldn't hardly tell a difference, although I did eat dinner between test fits. Front of the car is to the left in the picture below and the L/R...
  17. Rauq

Zacm829's Track Goblin #474-07 SS/SC donor

I think everyone is going to tell you the GMPP clutch. I'm running a South Bend Stage 3 + lightweight aluminum flywheel that I got from ZZP and I love that combo, but I'm also making more than 300hp. Make sure you get the upgraded timing chain guide bolt and the latest rev tensioner. I would...
  18. Rauq

Injector duty cycle will tell you if you're running into fueling limits, but won't where it's coming from if you are (whether it's not enough injector or not enough pump). I'm not sure that narrowband voltage will tell you anything except that you're not near stoich at WOT, which you definitely...
  19. Rauq

New potential Goblin owner

Welcome! I would love a C6Z but your concerns are the reason why I'm in a Goblin and not a Corvette. Cheap consumables, and the only thing I have to worry about on the car is running out of gas. In my (limited) track experience, a Goblin at any power level will hang with most other cars as long...
  20. Rauq

I hear that but I'm not sure how much of an issue that is. It's possible that's accounted for to some extent in the stock tune. As far as I know even stage 3 LSJ setups making over 250whp don't typically include fuel pump upgrades. I ran my turbo at low 20psi with the engine seeing at least...