Search results

1. B

Insurance Questions

My insurance provider will only give liability and not comprehensive on my Goblin. I contacted Hagerty who said they don't cover this kind of car. I tried to convince them that they already have covered Goblins, but they wouldn't listen. Anyone have any good alternatives?
  2. B

Insurance Qjestions

My insurance provider covers my other three cars, and will only provide liability but no comprehensive. I contacted Hagerty and they said they don't do this kind of car. Tried to tell them they already have, but they weren't convinced. Anyone have any good alternatives?
  3. B

Anyone in Nashville area?

In Chattanooga, very close to getting it on the road. I will let you know when it is up and driving
  4. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Ohms x10 on the meter- one side of the fuse plug reads about 70 and the other side doesn't register at all.
  5. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Fuse is good, and I get 12 volts to the fuse plug. I'm getting 5-6 volts from the coil connector. Is there a way to check the coil itself?
  6. B

Ready to start, but. . .

The coils tie in to the engine harness with no connectors. Pictures are the wires from the coils, left to right. The colors are: 1 black, brown, green/white, and tan/black. 2 black, brown, blue, and white/black. 3 black, brown, yellow/white, and tan/black 4 black, brown, blue, and white/black
  7. B

Ready to start, but. . .

That's possible, but I didn't unplug anything when I pulled the engine. Where would I check for that?
  8. B

Ready to start, but. . .

The butterfly responds to the throttle pedal. The engine cranks but doesn't start. I tested a plug and it is not firing. Still getting the first three codes, but the P0463 fuel code doesn't come back. Good pressure to the fuel rail. One question; on the front right of the valve cover is...
  9. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Do I need an ignition module? I didn't take one off the donor. I am getting no spark to the plugs. The engine sat with no hood for a few years and the ends of a couple of coils look rusty/dirty, but I wouldn't think all four would go bad. Thoughts?
  10. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Can I erase the P0463 code, without it coming back, or alternatively is there a repair/replace that will fix it?
  11. B

Ready to start, but. . .

So that is the body/engine connection! Each end ties into one of the harnesses.
  12. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Is the valve cover a good enough ground to check spark plugs?
  13. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Oooh! I cleared the codes, the emission codes came back, but the fuel level code did not, and the butterfly is opening now! Progress!!! When I checked previously, I had no spark to the plugs. I am going to recheck that.
  14. B

Ready to start, but. . .

I ran a scan with a small OBD and got the following codes: P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction P0452 Evaporative Emission Coltrol System Pressure Sensor Low Input P0463 Fuel Level...
  15. B

Ready to start, but. . .

CTU, in response to your question and picture, the connector on my car is a 4-pin. The female side has black (or dark brown), light green, tan, and tan/black. The male has corresponding colors that match to the correct pins. Is this the connector you are talking about? I see no 5-pin plugs...
  16. B

Ready to start, but. . .

CTU, I am guessing the first pic is the coil packs. I don't see a five pin connector going to them. The second pic is an eight pin connector at the front of the engine above the alternator. Is this what you are talking about? And for a bit of clarification I never disconnected the engine harness.
  17. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Edit that to mean I think it was running and was in a collision.
  18. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Lonny, I am going through all the things you mentioned. I am guessing the car ran as it was hit fairly hard on the front left. I was too green at the time to think about starting it. The front bracket on the subframe was bent, not enough to be a problem. The multi-pin connector in that area of...
  19. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Thanks, I will be looking closely at that.
  20. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Answering some questions: Ark - no x 3 CTU - a) no, 1) air cleaner is off and I can observe the butterfly, saw it 'flutter' only once for a short time, 2) where are the coil packs? I had thought for a while they were the two plug-looking things on top by the spark plugs, b) it is in park. I had...