Search results

1. S

Goblin #466 For Sale

Time to sell my Goblin. I'm out of work, out of money and out of patience. The car is 99+% complete and runs great. As a track car, its ready to go, as a street car it will need to be licensed (this is where I'm out of patience, after the inspector stiffed me on a technicality). The car runs...
  2. S

2007 SS/SC at Copart San Antonio

Advertised as non-running, so maybe not the best donor, but SS donors aren't easy to find so maybe... Link here
  3. S

Leftover wires

Getting to the end of the build and I haven't used several wires left from the wire harness videos. In the dash harness Lonny has a pink wire and a purple wire coiled up and zip tied to the harness, but never said what they're for. Same for another purple wire zip tied back by the fuse box...
  4. S

This can't be right

Started to do some preliminary alignment work and I just happened to notice that the front brake hardware didn't seem to fit right. Not sure why I didn't notice it while assembling the brakes, but on closer inspection today, I noticed that the pads and hardware don't fit the caliper bracket...
  5. S

Dominator headlight wiring issue

I got the DF Dominator headlights with my kit. They come with a 4-wire pigtail. However, the headlight harness has only three wires: Did I miss something in the wiring videos? I went back and checked, and it looks like Lonny's harness has only three wires, but its hard to tell.
  6. S

OBDII connector

Looking for suggestions on how/where to mount the ODBII connector in the car. Or is it just tucked out of the way until needed?
  7. S

2006 SS/SC at Copart Denver

There's a 2006 SS/SC selling at Copart in Denver on Tue 4/18. Sale is open to the public with no reserve. Listing shows 120k with light damage to front, but the car runs and drives.
  8. S

Mystery LSJ sensor

I'm going over my LSJ while I'm waiting on my frame to get back from the coater and I found a mystery sensor. This is attached to the intake manifold, right behind the throttle body (the boost bypass can be seen in the foreground) and has a hose nipple on the bottom side where my finger is, but...
  9. S

2008 SS/TC at IAA in Des Moines

08 SS/TC selling at IAA in Des Moines on Tue 4/4/23. Listing says 84000 miles, car starts but doesn't drive (axle damage?).
  10. S

2009 SS/TC at Copart Denver

2009 Cobalt SS Turbo just listed by Copart in Denver. Heavily damaged, but probably still a good Goblin candidate. Several ZZP parts visible. No sale date yet.
  11. S

For the adrenaline junkies

Not exactly a Goblin, but I know there are plenty of speed freaks/adrenaline junkies in the Goblin family, so I thought I'd share a video YouTube dropped into my recommended list. Imagine 1000+hp in a 500lb vehicle. Goes 0-60<1 sec, 60-100<1 sec, 160+ in 500 feet. On snow: Holy cojones!
  12. S

Square peg, round hole

So it appears that DF now includes 1/2" carraige bolts to attach the subframe: The hole in the frame and the hole in the subframe are both round, so should this bolt be pressed into the frame, down through the subframe, or pressed into the subframe and up through the frame? Also not sure...
  13. S

Is this supposed to be bent?

This MC bracket came in my kit today: It seems like the two ears should be the same, but one is bent differently than the other. Should they be the same?
  14. S

Snirtman's Extended Track Frame #466 - 06 SS/SC

Hello fellow Goblin-ers. I don’t have my frame yet, but I’ve been hanging around the forum for about a year now, so I kind of feel like part of the family already. After what seemed like an eternity searching for a donor (part of the problem is not being sure what donor would be best –...
  15. S

2007 SS/SC at Copart 7/1

A running/driving 2007 SS/SC will be selling at Copart in Ogden, Utah on Friday, July 1. 115k miles. Damage is "minor dents/scratches"
  16. S

Quickest build?

I've been reading a lot of build threads preparing for my build, and have been a little surprised that some have taken so long (4+ years). I'm curious what the average build time is, and in the spirit of the "how far did you go to get your donor" thread a few days ago, I'm also curious who...
  17. S

2006 SS/SC in NC

High mileage SS/SC donor in NC available to the public at Copart. Selling Monday 5/23/22. Listing says it starts 2006 SS/SC
  18. S

What is this? Previous owner cut the wires!

Tearing down my 06 SS/SC and came across some wires in the trunk that were cut. Hoping someone here can help identify them. Its a 4-wire bundle (BLU/WT, GRN/BK, GRN, GY/BK) that was cut in the trunk just after passing through the back seat on the LH side. I can say it is NOT: Side marker...