Search results

1. Zoidborg

Archived *Official Builders Thread* Where are you located?

The Village, OK 73120 (NW OKC area) 2006 SS/SC M5 trans, extended track #414
  2. Zoidborg

ABS?

No doubt, making sure I get them matched up is on my double-and-triple-check list! :D
  3. Zoidborg

Adjustable Rear Suspension

For now I'm planning on getting the Moog spherical joints and maybe the ZZP rotation ones for the other end. That ought to take any play out of it. I got to see Lonny's prototype though, very cool. Just not sure I'll have the $$$ for it lol
  4. Zoidborg

Zoidborg Goblin #414 street/track - 06 SS/SC

It can be pretty dicey in a car, but I can't imagine trying it on a bike! My co-worker friend who used to go with me, he had a R32 that he had going fast, he got a Ducati and went for their motorcycle lapping days! Yikes, I'd be terrified. Every so often I'd get a lap perfect, but most of the...
  5. Zoidborg

Zoidborg Goblin #414 street/track - 06 SS/SC

Hi! I am Hugh, and I live in NW OKC. I've had my Cobalt SS/SC since I bought it new back in 2006. I have made several modifications mostly done years ago targeting driving on High Speed Touring weekends at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in northern Oklahoma. It is a very technical course, so I...
  6. Zoidborg

ABS?

I was thinking of that or maybe just some spacers and longer bolts if needed using the current ones. I don't know if they would do one-offs for this test. I do not have the skills or means to fabricate parts myself, just putting them together lol
  7. Zoidborg

ABS?

Cool I remember looking some at your build thread; I'll have to go have a look when I get off work. Did you have to keep the sensors in the hubs? I'm thinking the biggest open question for trying this out is to make sure I can still connect the hub speed sensors to the harness connector. I...
  8. Zoidborg

Adjustable Rear Suspension

This looks pretty awesome, even just the first idea you had with just the replacement control arms. I may try to get ZZP's control arms if they ever become available again. My 06 SS has the complete BC coilover kit on it including the camber plates at the top. I wonder if there would be some...
  9. Zoidborg

06 supercharger Coolant hoses orientation

Thanks yeah I saw your thread in my scouring of the forums. Not sure that I want to mount it on top of the engine, but it's an idea to keep in mind. Probably mostly personal taste.
  10. Zoidborg

I would sure like a bracket that makes it easy to mount, I like the setup in those pics. I may put them toward the middle so the engine cover will go on. Maybe bend the dipstick or something, not sure. Otherwise, you'd need to figure out how to mount the tank, and it needs to be generally the...
  11. Zoidborg

Nice, so they are coming up with a bracket for the Option B tank. Both of those new tanks sure look a lot better than the old ones I have; I may need to add new tanks to my list. Hopefully I can figure it out with the engine cover; I do want to be able to use that. It definitely looks great...
  12. Zoidborg

Maybe slightly off-topic, but I've been looking for how people have set up the Option B configuration. I'm not sure how to get the small air purge tube properly routed, and I'm not sure where to put the tank itself. I've only recently put my order in, and it will be some time before I get the...
  13. Zoidborg

Registering in Oklahoma

Were you folks able to get your Oklahoma registrations? I'm in OKC and going to place my order shortly. I have a title for my donor car. Did you send them your actual title or a copy of it? I'm thinking from what I've read they want the original documents. Thanks!
  14. Zoidborg

ABS?

Yeah I dunno maybe it could be overkill. I guess ABS was on my mind since I've had some experiences with the Cobalt especially on track where it saved my butt on unexpected conditions. o_O I may try to integrate it though, I'm thinking the EBCM on the LSJ car with its much simpler profile...
  15. Zoidborg

ABS?

I'm getting ready to order a kit, and I was curious about whether the ABS could be made to work. A lot of what was mentioned here does suggest that its complexities would make it unworkable on the Goblin. However, my donor car is a SS/SC LSJ, and the ABS system in that car is a lot simpler than...