2019 DF Goblin LSJ-Turbo

Lechlis

General Details

Read every line and detail before inquiring.

Offered for sale is a 2019 DF Goblin located in southwest Virginia. The kit was purchased in 2019 and completed in 2020. It is 100% road legal (Inspected, Registered, and Insured) and currently has ~600 miles on the chassis and ~250 on the engine. It is currently self-tuned on 93 octane pump gas with HP Tuners and an AEM wideband at a conservative 12PSI. Drivability is near factory and performance is as expected from such a light machine.

Pictures were taken on 07/04/2021. All stickers have been removed from the hood and wing. Side panels (Powder coated to match) are included but not installed. Additional pictures are available upon request.

I plan to convert the funds from this transaction into an engine for an experimental aircraft build. The mileage will increase as I do drive it on nice days. More information and a complete bill of materials can be found in the links below. I will gladly drive you around in it, but no solo test drives until a purchase agreement has been signed. For serious inquiries and all questions, contact me directly.

It is registered through a Montana LLC. The buyer will be presented with a Montana title, Bill of Sale, the donor vehicle title & BoS, along with any other miscellaneous documentation I have.

Please view the links below for a detailed Bill of Materials, build thread, and a few YouTube videos.
This Goblin is offered at the no-haggle price of $35,000 and available immediately. I derived this number from the cumulative cost of BoM parts, minus 10%, then rounded up to the nearest thousand. The BoM does not account for any build/research hours or include shipping/tax on parts. No trades.

Ad Revision Log
  • 07/19/2021
    • Removed HP Tuners and a few incidental costs (Oil, coolant, etcetera) from BoM. Adjusted price to reflect these subtractions.
    • Added machine shop work notes to engine component breakdown
  • 07/30/2021
    • Added compression test data to post #7

Attachments

Last edited:

Lechlis

High Level Component Breakdowns

See the BoM for exact and complete details

Kit & Donor
  • Standard Length Track Frame
  • 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged
Engine
  • ZZP Gen 3 Short Block
  • ZZP 82# Valve Springs w/ Titanium Retainers
  • ZZP High Voltage Coil Packs
  • ZZP Turbo Exhaust Manifold
  • Hardened Oil Pump Gears
  • ARP Headstuds
  • ARP Main Studs
  • ARP Cam Cap Bolts
  • ARP Timing Chain Guide Bolts
  • ARP Flywheel Bolts
  • Borg Warner S257SX-E
  • Diamond Forged 9.5:1 Pistons
  • OTTP TS3 Camshafts
  • OTTP Billet Fuel Rail
  • OTTP Upgraded Timing Chain Tensioner
  • OTTP Balance Shaft Delete
  • Cloyes Timing Set
  • Supertech +0.5MM Inconel Exhaust Valves
  • New OEM Intake Valves
  • Dyemond Fab Intake Manifold
  • K1 Technologies 4340 H-Beam Rods
  • Precision 46MM Wastegate
  • Remote Mount Oil Cooler w/ Fan
  • Air-to-Air Intercooler w/ Fans
  • Aeromotive Phantom Flex Fuel System
  • All sensors replaced with new ACDelco/Bosch sensors
  • Machine Shop Work (Not Listed in BoM)
    • New OEM Rod & Main Bearing Clearances Measured (No adjustments needed)
    • Piston Clearance Measured (No Adjustments Needed)
    • Piston Ring Gap Adjusted (Set to "Medium Boost 15-30lb" tolerance)
    • New OEM Valve Guides, Rockers, and Lifters
    • Head Decked & Pressure Tested
Transmission & Drivetrain
  • Quaife LSD
  • ZZP LSJ Stage 1 Axles
  • ZZP Aluminum Flywheel
  • GMPP Clutch
Suspension & Wheels
  • 17x9 Cosmis XT-206R Wheels
  • 275/40R17 Nitto NT01 Tires
  • BC Racing Coilovers (Rear)
  • QA Suspension (Front)
  • DFKC Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
  • Wilwood Manual Brake Conversion
  • ZZP Tubular Control Arms
Cosmetic & Miscellaneous
  • Harness professionally thinned by DF Kit Car
  • Nine Lives Racing "Wang"
  • NRG Steering Wheel & Quick Release
  • Rigid Industries Headlights & Taillights
  • Corbeau Seats & Harnesses

Last edited:

ccgillett

Oh. My. Gawd. The build quality here is off the charts. That is so nice. I'm counting my pennies here - if only I didn't have one half-done in the garage right now. You're even located on the correct coast. Daaaaaamn.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Sometimes it's more fun to build something than it is to drive it. I've done this to almost every project car I've had. I get it.

Good luck with the sale, your build is legit. It would be nice to see a goblin go for more than $10k, especially a build as nice as this.

Lechlis

Sometimes it's more fun to build something than it is to drive it. I've done this to almost every project car I've had. I get it.

Good luck with the sale, your build is legit. It would be nice to see a goblin go for more than $10k, especially a build as nice as this.
That is definitely something I contend with. I love tinkering, even to the point of frustration sometimes. Lol.

Lechlis

Cold Static Compression Test Results

Performed 07/30/2021. New NGK BKR7E spark plugs gapped to 0.030" and installed.

Cylinder 1: 156 PSI
Cylinder 2: 158 PSI
Cylinder 3: 155 PSI
Cylinder 4: 153 PSI

Last edited: