After discovering this writen directions i noticed something i might have done wrong.

Oldchevyguy

On these writen directions, and pictures, it appears that the top of the radiator is connected to the PASSENGER side hose. I connected it to the DRIVERS side, which I thought is right using pictures send me and such. Which way is right?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It's being done both ways. Some believe the passenger side goes to the top and others the driver's side to the top. I put the driver side to the top as at that time, that is the way Lonny suggested.

The flow comes from the passenger side and returns on the driver side. There are debates as to which way is the best way but I don't think in the end it really matters. Lonny said some of the first cars had issues with air getting trapped at the top when the passenger was connected to it. So the idea was to push the fluid up along with the air and out the top. The suggested may have changed since our build. We have absolutely no issues with temps!

Others believe that most manufactures flow down as the water cools so it should enter at the top. You decide which way you want to do it

Oldchevyguy

It's being done both ways. Some believe the passenger side goes to the top and others the driver's side to the top. I put the driver side to the top as at that time, that is the way Lonny suggested.

The flow comes from the passenger side and returns on the driver side. There are debates as to which way is the best way but I don't think in the end it really matters. Lonny said some of the first cars had issues with air getting trapped at the top when the passenger was connected to it. So the idea was to push the fluid up along with the air and out the top. The suggested may have changed since our build. We have absolutely no issues with temps!

Others believe that most manufactures flow down as the water cools so it should enter at the top. You decide which way you want to do it
So. If I understand, in order to flow from top to bottom ( as I have been taught), the top needs to be connected to the passenger side?

Madkat

Off topic question if I can? I’ve been wondering if the tilt steering remains when in the Goblin? I’ll be pulling the trigger this summer Hopefully and the tilt will help with getting in and out of the seat.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Madkat, the tilt wheel only moves up and down less than 3 inches. A removeable steering wheel will gain you much more room to get into and out of the cockpit. I need this insertion and extraction room myself, so my Goblin will have the steering wheel quick disconnect.

Madkat

That’s a very good option, I’ll need to research if the removable wheel will cause problems with registration. It could always be installed afterwards. Thank you all for the input. I’ve now invested it three Cobalts, an 06 & 07 SS-SC both good driving cars. And an 08 Sport (daily driver) so much fun to drive can’t wait for the Goblin!!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
So which one (or two) will evolve from a Cobalt into a Goblin? Sounds like you have some good donors to start with and should be able to put together a great running Goblin.

Madkat

The 06 will be the donor for the engine and everything else but I’ll probably take LSD from the 07. Unless I find a newer turbo but I’m happy with SC nevertheless. I’ve been able to get these cars for very good prices and I’m still looking for others. Both these cars have 230,000 KM (142,000 M).