Anybody in DFW wanna sell my wife on the Goblin?

ADVDFW

So I have recently fallen hard for this project, like really hard. Went to pitch it to my wife and as soon as she saw a picture it was an immediate “No, what would you do with that it’s just a big go kart?” So I need to show her what these things are all about! Anybody in the dfw area wanna let us swing by and take her for a little ride this weekend maybe?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Does your wife like rollercoasters?
I give different rides, depending on the answer to this question.
My wife will "cruise" in my Goblin, but does not enjoy it if i give it more than half throttle.
If you make it up to Fayetteville, Arkansas, I can offer a ride, but I'm not planning a trip to Dallas any time soon. I do bring the Goblin down there every other year.

ADVDFW

Does your wife like rollercoasters?
I give different rides, depending on the answer to this question.
My wife will "cruise" in my Goblin, but does not enjoy it if i give it more than half throttle.
If you make it up to Fayetteville, Arkansas, I can offer a ride, but I'm not planning a trip to Dallas any time soon. I do bring the Goblin down there every other year.
I had a C6 Vette, and our plan is to get a C8 once the hype dies a little and availability becomes a reality. She loves to go fast and I think she doesn’t realize what a goblin is capable of honestly haha

Swing by the DF shop in Red Oak. They will give you a full tour.
I messaged them to see if they had any fully assembled to show her and they recommended to ask here instead.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
So I have recently fallen hard for this project, like really hard. Went to pitch it to my wife and as soon as she saw a picture it was an immediate “No, what would you do with that it’s just a big go kart?” So I need to show her what these things are all about! Anybody in the dfw area wanna let us swing by and take her for a little ride this weekend maybe?
Hi Mike,

We'd love to show you around the DF Kit Car shop here! Please email us @ [email protected] & we'll make the arrangements. There are times when someone is here on the weekends, it's not just always possible. We're in Red Oak.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
I had a C6 Vette, and our plan is to get a C8 once the hype dies a little and availability becomes a reality. She loves to go fast and I think she doesn’t realize what a goblin is capable of honestly haha

I messaged them to see if they had any fully assembled to show her and they recommended to ask here instead.
Sorry about that Mike, it must have been an misunderstanding. We generally have Adam's Goblin here, if not another. We get a lot of calls from folks looking for fully built Goblins for sale, so we may have misunderstood you. We always love folks coming by when we get it on our schedule!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru

The experience in a Goblin is kind of like a motorcycle. You are out in the open with the wind, the heat, the sounds, the smells. The road just seems a whole lot closer to you when you are watching the tire turn and the suspension react and the spring compress. Just good driver feedback in one of these. :)
And the performance!!!!! Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!!

ADVDFW

Sorry about that Mike, it must have been an misunderstanding. We generally have Adam's Goblin here, if not another. We get a lot of calls from folks looking for fully built Goblins for sale, so we may have misunderstood you. We always love folks coming by when we get it on our schedule!
Awesome!! And yeah, reading the response I think that was the case. I was told nothing for sale there built, but I want to build just need her to see it in person and get a ride to know what she’s missing so she can green light the project!

Iwanttogofast

I had a similar situation with my ball-and-chain. I mean WIFE...

I've had lots of projects and toys over our 23 years together. Cars, motorcycles, boats. This one - she seemed to have an issue with because I need to build it. I got the old "Are you gonna live out in the shop until it's done?". Bottom line - she realizes that I need my hobbies to stay happy. I made the effort to show her some videos on YouTube and discuss the build process, and she bought in. Yours will, too. Just charm her.

ADVDFW

I had a similar situation with my ball-and-chain. I mean WIFE...

I've had lots of projects and toys over our 23 years together. Cars, motorcycles, boats. This one - she seemed to have an issue with because I need to build it. I got the old "Are you gonna live out in the shop until it's done?". Bottom line - she realizes that I need my hobbies to stay happy. I made the effort to show her some videos on YouTube and discuss the build process, and she bought in. Yours will, too. Just charm her.
That’s the plan, I didn’t even argue. When she asked what would I do with it, just said I’d drive the s@&* out of it and we just moved on for the time being. Was hoping to surprise her with a joy ride she won’t forget to get it started!

Get her involved. Have her help pick the color, approve or pick the wheels, ect. That way she feels some ownership to it and be motivated for you to complete.

Joe
This is a great plan, thank you sir!