Anyone install an Auto-blip? I'm having some trouble

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
All of the GM stuff is very sensitive to accelerator pedal and throttle voltages. ATMironov hasn't actually driven his yet so he may still have problems. And the LNF might have a little bit of a different test that will pass it anyway.

Have you reached out to the manufacture to ask for trouble shooting help? One of the reasons that I haven't installed one of these is because they are steering you toward a universal kit where some of the gm vehicles have at least their own installation manual. That indicates it hasn't been tested in a Cobalt.

BSinvestments

All of the GM stuff is very sensitive to accelerator pedal and throttle voltages. ATMironov hasn't actually driven his yet so he may still have problems. And the LNF might have a little bit of a different test that will pass it anyway.

Have you reached out to the manufacture to ask for trouble shooting help? One of the reasons that I haven't installed one of these is because they are steering you toward a universal kit where some of the gm vehicles have at least their own installation manual. That indicates it hasn't been tested in a Cobalt.
I don't see that as a problem, why would this gm be much different from any other gm.

Also yes. the manufacturer told me I must have done something wrong and he knows of it being installed in many goblins. lol Mine throws a code out with out the car even running, but ignition one

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I don't see that as a problem, why would this gm be much different from any other gm.
/QUOTE]
Because they are all a little different with different ECMs and what the voltages are supposed to do at the pedal. If they were all the same then you could use any GM pedal in a swap vehicle with any GM ECM and that isn't true. They even have different instructions for different years of 'Vetts and different for the Camaro.

If they said they know of "many" Goblins they are installed in, that shows they can't be trusted. Probably half the goblins built have been active on here and we have 2. Maybe if they had said Cobalts.

Of course if you are getting additional codes you might be have a different problem.

BSinvestments

just spoke to AL at auto blip for about 45 minutes on the phone trying to diagnose this. They are sending me a new unit to test, but the outputs and wiring colors are very close or are exact from a 2005-2007 Corvette instructions. Fingers crossed its the unit, but he said that would be very uncommon.

very helpful and great guy I'd like to add. even if it doesn't work I'd recommend

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Dumb question, you have the right brake and clutch switch wires, right? Off the top of my head, aren't one of each of those switches normally open, and the other is normally closed?

BSinvestments

Dumb question, you have the right brake and clutch switch wires, right? Off the top of my head, aren't one of each of those switches normally open, and the other is normally closed?
They are correct, the box has led lights on it and seems to function as it should. When you hit the break, the break led illuminates. When you hit the clutch that led illuminates.