Anywhere to buy a new harness?

Bfekid

I'm not the most electrically inclined, I got to the dash portion of the videos and everything in my 05 ss harness is different than the video, and I'm sure I've messed up somewhere on it. Is there anywhere possible to buy a whole car harness so I can send it in to get reworked? I'm tired of messing with wires and I want to start assembly of my powder coated frame.

Thanks,
Kevin

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Have you checked the GM parts sites? Some of the harnesses were available the last time I looked. Been a couple of years though. Or find one in a salvage yard,

Bfekid

Have you checked the GM parts sites? Some of the harnesses were available the last time I looked. Been a couple of years though. Or find one in a salvage yard,
I'll have to check for part numbers tomorrow, I work for a Delco distributor but I'm extreme part time so I'm rarely there

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The real problem will be figuring out what the right harnesses are called and it won’t be just one. And some of them aren’t cheap. I found the instrument panel harness and it’s over $600. You might be at a grand by the time you are through depending on what you really need. I would check with DF and see if they can work with what you have. As long as the main connectors are there, they can probably fix it.

glantz

I have seen them on eBay. At the time it was $350-400 for main wiring harness. The engine harness around 150 and dash harness 150. Need headlight harness too. Full main harness is going to be a rare find I’m sure. If you are just concerned about dash you might look on eBay I think there are a couple. I agree df can probably still rework what you have.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I'd Call DF and tell them your tale. More than likely they can build a harness from what you have and a little bit of scrounging in their parts bins. They have researched so very far into these Cobalt electrical systems they seem to know the most. As Gtstorey and Glantz mentioned, If you saved all the ends and bits (or even if you've lost some bits) they probably can rebuild it. They do this sort of thing every day!, it only looks like a bundle of snakes to YOU and ME!, to them it's just another mess. Wiring "out of the car" really looks absolutely terrifying! But logically, every connector only plugs up in one spot! If you just can't take on this "Multi Headed Hydra", they're the guys to call.