brake line to braided hose Leaks??

SwerveMonkey

So I am looking for advice on how to check the brake line connection to ensure that the metal to hose connection is not cross threaded.
I had some minor problems aligning the brake line to the hose when installing the rear braided lines. I felt confident that the thread was seated correctly and not weird, but when I bled the system I found that the rear passenger connection had a leak where I could tell that it was wet with fluid.

I'm doing some homework now to research how to repair the problem... but most searches I have done don't really explain how you can tell if the connection is actually cross threaded or not. How can I tell?

SwerveMonkey

after a bit of YouTube searching i found two videos that seem to help me...
"Brake line won't thread in" & "prevent brake line...from leaking"

still open to any advice from the community, but i am betting that i screwed this up and did not seat it properly initially. I'll have to reseat the fitting, but will that be enough to fix the problem? am I already screwed by having tightened it previously in a bad way?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Share some images of the flare.
The worst-case scenario is you will need to cut the flare off and redo it.
A double flare kit is not too expensive and there are lots of instructional Youtube videos.

SwerveMonkey

Did just that for reference
20210128_071305.jpg
I qas able to reseat it and formed the brake line to be more sqaure plumb againts the braided hose.

The braided hose receptacle didnt seems bad at all...
20210128_070543.jpg

Thoughts?

Ross

Goblin Guru
You got nice clear pictures of the seat and threads. The threads on the nut hold the brake line double flare against the seat, hopefully sealing them.
No picture of the double flare, which needs to be checked for scratches, debris, etc.