CARB Compliant Cars

JonF

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd find more on this, maybe I'm just missing it. I'm not finding much about California emissions (CARB) vehicles. I'm also hearing maybe some New York vehicles. My understand is it affects the fuel pump, maybe more. Anyone have solid info for me? I think I want to know how to avoid those cars, do I just need to make sure the sticker under the hood doesn't say meets California emissions? Thanks!

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I have a CARB car from California and it has been great so far. Mostly from being from California in that there is no rust to deal with. For the CARB fuel pump, I think it is for the PZEV cars and not all CARB cars. I had the same fear but dropped the tank and it is the normal fuel pump system. A replacement pump system is like $75. One nice thing is that if you need to meet CARB emissions standards, you have the CAT to do it. If you don't need to pass emissions, then the cats are worth much more than the Federal cats.

JonF

That doesn't seem too bad, probably why I didn't see more about it. I had heard the CARB cars make it a pain. I can deal with those things. Thanks!