Desert Sasqwatch Track Extended - 08 SS/TC LNF F40

Tinkles

On my side pods the front hoop is 1.5" diameter tube and the rear is 1.25" diameter. I believe it is the same wall thickness as the chassis too.

JSATX

On my side pods the front hoop is 1.5" diameter tube and the rear is 1.25" diameter. I believe it is the same wall thickness as the chassis too.
Oh I see. They were just trying to match the diameter of the tube they were connecting to. The main cage on the goblin is 1.5x.095” the engine area is 1.25” and the braces are all 1”

I have dies for 1.5 and 1”. I did not get dies for 1.25”

Desert Sasqwatch

How tight can you go on the 1 inch tube? I'd like a more squared off look which will give a better fit on the inside for the heat exchangers. I will get the dimensions tonight.

JSATX

3” CLR. Dies for my bender are about $300 each so I don’t have the luxury of too many options unfortunately.

Desert Sasqwatch

Justin,
I made the measurements on the mock up side pod I put together and put them down on paper. Hopefully the photo of my measurements is clear enough to see my chicken scratch and the 'scale' (one square is 2 inches by 2 inches). I made the drawing for 1 inch diameter tubes using a 3 inch radius on the main tubes. The drawing is for the driver's side, the passenger's side would be a mirror image, obviously. The 2 cross tubes are welded at the center of the tube bend arc, which may not be clear in my sketch. If more stiffness/support is needed additional cross bars can be added. Hopefully it makes sense.

Tim

Attachments

Last edited: