Dfkitcar supplied rear calipers pay attention

D&dgoblin69

The brake caliper has a stamp rh in picture means right side passenger and the other caliper has a lh for left hand drivers side. I initially installed calipers as stamped which put the brake bleeder on the bottom side of the caliper. This caused me to not be able to bleed the rear brakes properly which never allowed the rear brakes to apply when stopping. I was only stopping in front brakes. If you come across this make sure your bleeder screw is ontop or there will be a bubble in the rear calipers causing the rear brakes to not work.pictures are correct installation of the drivers side caliper rh stamped bleeder facing up. I’ve not installed parking brake cable yet so this may had been more apparent if I had.

Attachments

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The brake caliper has a stamp rh in picture means right side passenger and the other caliper has a lh for left hand drivers side. I initially installed calipers as stamped which put the brake bleeder on the bottom side of the caliper. This caused me to not be able to bleed the rear brakes properly which never allowed the rear brakes to apply when stopping. I was only stopping in front brakes. If you come across this make sure your bleeder screw is ontop or there will be a bubble in the rear calipers causing the rear brakes to not work.pictures are correct installation of the drivers side caliper rh stamped bleeder facing up. I’ve not installed parking brake cable yet so this may had been more apparent if I had.
It’s probably because on the solstice the caliper is mounted on back side of the rotor and on the goblin it’s in the front side so you have to switch right to left

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I initially did the same thing and then learned air bubbles need to flow up not down, switching them allowed me properly bleed them.