Donor parts question

wallace58

Since I am getting a SS SC kit. See my order post.
Does the parking brake kit replace the rotors, calipers that are going to the rear of the Goblin vs the donor stock front rotors and calipers?
Do I need to save the heat exchanger hoses from the factory heat exchanger?
Do I need to save the rubber brake hoses if I am getting braided one?
If I am buying the rear coil over kit can I not save the front struts?
Do you use the rear trunk latch and key tumbler in the kit?
Thanks for answering these newbie questions.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Since I am getting a SS SC kit. See my order post.
Does the parking brake kit replace the rotors, calipers that are going to the rear of the Goblin vs the donor stock front rotors and calipers? Yes. Just make sure you grab the two parking brake line tubes and the stock pull lever.
Do I need to save the heat exchanger hoses from the factory heat exchanger? I don't think so, but it's been a long time, and my donor was a TC.
Do I need to save the rubber brake hoses if I am getting braided one? No.
If I am buying the rear coil over kit can I not save the front struts? You can toss the struts, but if they're in good shape, you might be able to find a buyer, or even a person in need on the forum.
Do you use the rear trunk latch and key tumbler in the kit? No.
Thanks for answering these newbie questions.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Don't need the rubber brake hoses, but do save the clips that hold the lines onto the brackets from the donor.
Keep as many of the bolts, nuts, washers and clips as you can from the donor - many will be needed during your build.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
DF supplies everything for the rear, but you‘ll need the cables, aluminum tubes and lever from the doner.

No, but they are good to have on hand to adapt things. Bulk tube will help too.

No

No

No.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
99% of those get “lost” at one point or another, whether it be lost on the cobalt or lost in the transfer to the goblin.

wallace58

I have a question involving the engine/transmission mounts. Do I need to keep the part of the mounts that bolt to the body for the Goblin kit? Thanks for any help on this.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
No, do not need the stock motor or transmission mounts, the rubber inserted one's right? The DF kit bolts the east/west transmission and engine mounts directly to the frame. The north/south use kit supplied solid metal mounts. The front solid mount (right behind the fuel tank) is a B to get into place. Basically you have to leave the subframe loose along with all the engine mounts. Force that front solid mount into place and then tighten all the others.

Murcielago311

You won't use the cobalt engine mounts. What I did was just keep anything I wasn't positive they weren't going to be used until the car was done. This was mostly the low-dollar stuff when it came to resale anyway.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The east-west Cobalt mounts are 2 piece, the half with the rubber donuts and an aluminum bracket that bolts to the pass side engine and driv side trans upper. You want to keep these aluminum brackets as they will bolt to the DF frame mount plates. Not sure this was clear about what to keep.

wallace58

Thanks. It looks to me the mounts that stay bolted to the body once the engine and transmission is removed are not used.