Donorless builds

RobC76

Also I have done a ton of research on standalone and everyone that said they could do it never gave a customer a finished product. CBM Motorsports has a finished standalone harness and E69 ECM.

The issue is it uses a proprietary operating system which does not allow the complete over write of a flash say from HP Tuners. You would have to retune your engine because the tune provided on the ecm is stock basically. This tune cannot be overwritten or it has to go back to them to be fixed. I have inquired with them if they could take my tune and put it in the ecm while building it. They have asked me to send them my tune which I will do this week. I already have an AEM Carbon 7 Dash so dash is not an issue. I just wanted to keep factory dash if I was keeping all the factory PK3 crap.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
But probably the cheapest answer would be to buy an ECM, BCM, and TDM and get it programmed with the SPS system just like it was in a Cobalt. I think it is all doable with used stuff.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not sure if this does everything you want, but this is what one of the other builders used

edit: scratch that. They don’t deliver as advertised

Last edited:

RobC76

Not sure if this does everything you want, but this is what one of the other builders used

This is only for SC not the DI on the LNF. Thanks though

Ross

Goblin Guru

Swap Specialties is a con job. I don't recommend them.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Just reread through this. Man was I out to lunch thinking an LNF could be stand-alone like the older stuff lol. Learned a lot about LNF and the PK3 security since then. Anyway you guys are all spot on. I recently picked up the Goblin Michael ( The guy that was going to build Goblin the new harness) was building. It has a new LNF and F35 LSD in it. I’m trying to get it running just to test everything out and he must have misplaced the VATS module. After some research it appears you cannot program a VATS module on different key module / BCM than it was originally programmed with. Im assuming it must etch the code in the module. I’m also somewhat assuming that as long as key / key resistor ring and BCM all match then when you install the new VATS module it basically handshakes the first ignition cycle and basically ties itself to that key and BCM. Does anyone have any insight on whether my assumptions and google education is accurate. Thanks
Any news on what ever happened to Michael? One day he suddenly disappeared without a trace. Had a few of us very concerned..

I believe I am using an old VATS ignition switch /key from my 07 donor in my 09 LNF build. I was worried about it not reading, but it is not throwing any security errors because I did enough key cycles while setting it up. I still have yet to finish my build. Any proper key can be used through a learn process AFAIK.

Last edited:

RobC76

This is only for SC not the DI on the LNF. Thanks though
For the price of CBM I would look a lot more at aftermarket FI.
Any news on what ever happened to Michael? One day he suddenly disappeared without a trace. Had a few of us very concerned..

I believe I am using an old VATS ignition switch /key from my 07 donor in my 09 LNF build. I was worried about it not reading, but it is not throwing any security errors because I did enough key cycles while setting it up. I still have yet to finish my build. Any proper key can be used through a learn process AFAIK.
so long story short he got in a bad car accident (he’s fine now) and was laid up for a while. Got an offer to sell his company and decided to take it, had a falling out with the engineers working on the harness project and basically put the Goblin behind him I think. Sometimes things happen and you realize life is short and certain priorities don’t have much importance anymore. I think that sums it up. Bought his car after talking back and forth for a few weeks.