Dsteinhorst's WI city build 09 2.2 #182 MT Registered Now with boost

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I wired my lighted usb charger to that red wire. The car sat for a while over a month and did not kill the battery. Do not leave anything plugged in that's where the draw is.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I got an ebay one similar to what Nathan posted. Mine has a voltmeter because LIGHTS.

3/4 knockout is the perfect size.
We installed 7 of these USB chargers in the RV for charging helmet coms and phones. Almost ended up with one that has the volt meter built in but then installed a gauge cluster that had volts so we didn't get the charger with it as well. You can see how nice they mount to a flat surface. There's another one on the other side of the steering wheel and then one next to each of the 4 seats in the back.
IMG_20200215_194728.jpg

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I'm almost afraid to ask what we are looking at in this picture...forward engine in a van with no roof, in Wisconsin? o_O
Not to hi-jack Dustin's thread here but this is a '79 Itasca RV on a Dodge 1.5ton chassis with a 360C.I. engine(for now). Me and the team spent all fall and winter building this rig to compete in this year's ChopTopChallenge which was supposed to be in March but got cancelled due to the 'Rona. Check out our Instagram @itascadisasta if you want to see the whole build process!
IMG_20200222_160523.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
That thing is absolutely bad ass. But seeing that pic with snow on the ground makes me shiver just thinking about riding in it.

Dsteinhorst

Update! My check for registration, title, and taxes was cashed by the state of Wisconsin! I have to imagine that means my title and plates are in the mail.

I ordered spacers to clear the wheels. Should get those Monday and then I'll be able to test drive. Dialing in the details now.

Dsteinhorst

What a blast to drive! I've been taking it on nightly cruises around my neighborhood while I wait for my title and plates. We'll see how long that'll take. It's really low, so I turned up the coilovers a bit. I could almost get the next size longer shocks.

It creeps a bit when putting it into first. Clutch feels good and has actuation in the middle of pedal travel. Anybody else?

Still working on getting the brakes fully bled. You can't tell driving around, but when you really get on the brakes, there's a bit of extra travel.

I'm eyeing up a better way to loop the heater core lines. Mine looks pretty dumb.

Few pics.
20200518_200106.jpg

This is how my fuel lines and filter ended up.
20200523_131026.jpg

I went a bit wild with the air filter placement.
20200523_131035.jpg

This is how much clearance I have with RPF1s and 1" spacers.
20200518_155634.jpg

The shift cables went in really nice. You can see the resistor for cruise control. I would have put this by the BCM if I knew ahead of time.
20200523_131043.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
On the supercharged engine, you cap the port next to the MAF that goes to the valve cover?
With the air filter right there, you will feel the air flow!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Wow, looks great! Your calipers are really close and you may get some rubbing with spirited driving - wheels do flex under higher lateral Gs.

Dsteinhorst

Got my registration today! Wisconsin is so easy! I finished up a few small things over the weekend and I'm almost done. The nose is being wrapped and ill mount the windshield when it comes back.

From here on out, I'm just going to pile on the miles. Thanks everyone for the help along the way. It was a blast!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Got my registration today! Wisconsin is so easy! I finished up a few small things over the weekend and I'm almost done. The nose is being wrapped and ill mount the windshield when it comes back.

From here on out, I'm just going to pile on the miles. Thanks everyone for the help along the way. It was a blast!
congrats!!!!

Fozda

Goblin Guru

Now you can drive down and test out the wheels! See you this weekend! lol