Fuse Box PCB relays

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Finally tracked down my High Beam Headlight, Parking Lights and it turns out my horn wasn't working either. The only PCB relay in the entire fuse box board that was working was the low beam head lights. I checked directly on the board and some of them would click put not pass the current through and some wouldn't even click. I checked all the ones that we don't use (to rewire and use) and they were dead also. I didn't find much on here about the PCB relays so maybe mine is the only one with with all of the failures.

There are a lot of fuse boxes on ebay fairly cheap from non-TC cars that say they would work with TC but decided to not go that route. I'm going to install stand alone relays that are triggered by the grounding circuit from the BCM.

I wonder how much longer the low beam PCB relay will work.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The TC fuse box is quite a bit different than the NA boxes they advertise as being the same. Get a photoof their compliantbox and compare with your TC box...caveat emptor.

Did your donor run before it was disassembled? Unless it got struck by lightning, I'm scratching my head how all those relays are bad. :rolleyes:o_O

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I drove it to the end of my driveway and back when I first got it. I then started to check the health of the motor, immediately broke two sparkplugs trying to remove them to check compression and noticed a lot of other things that made it unsafe to drive. It was a vehicle that had been wrecked more than once and pieced back together very poorly. I ordered an ATK block and just started tearing it down immediately. So I never really got to the point of checking the lights.

I was surprised to that most of them were shot too. There where one or two that worked by supplying voltage instead of ground that I never actually checked so they may have been good, but I decided it was to much trouble to make work anyway (and it was after midnight).

I had already added a couple of small fuse boxes to power other things so it's fairly simple to just add relays straight off the BCM outputs. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the possible additional load on the BCM relays being more than they can handle and burning them out. But if that happens I'll wire them directly to the switch outputs. And I'm I may have to swap out the added fuse boxes to ones with more circuits since this will take up most of my future capacity for when I add a radio and other add ons.