Houston SCCA Autocross

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Weird day at autocross today. I set a record for most reruns. :eek: we ran first, so it was a bit slippery. It is what it is though. Where the Miata spun out in my earlier post, a lot of people spun out. So much so, they changed the course during our run. Sucks, but whatever. We adapted. Somehow I ended up in first. :eek:Woooo. Anyways, here’s some pics and vid. We were technically a gaggle. :cool:

vid
course map
Gaggle
Dead cone
Bill off course. Me getting a 3rd rerun.

IMG_2911.jpeg
IMG_7105.jpeg
IMG_7117.jpeg
IMG_7119.png

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I was a solo goblin at a Texas A&M SCC autocross. JBINTX son that attends TAMU made us aware of the event. One of our autocross buddy’s joined me for the trip and there happen to be about 4 other of our scca guys there too. 58 cars in all……..well, 56 cars and 2 trucks :oops: This was their first event in 7 years. Since it was in college station instead of Houston and I didn’t know how much space we would have, I met Bobby ( number 311) at Bucees in the goblin and drove the hour to get there. Everyone was excited to see and ride in the goblin. I ended up turning down the last guy, just so I could get one solo run, which happened to be my best and got me 5th place overall on raw time.

overall the event went well, but it was a very long day. They hope to do this at least once a semester.

IMG_7404.jpeg
IMG_7406.jpeg
IMG_7407.jpeg
IMG_7405.jpeg
IMG_7409.jpeg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Better than 60 beating me like at our normal autocross. :D The fastest was that tricked out ZO6 I posted a pic of. That was a lot of car and the guy wasn’t afraid to drive it either.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Anything can beat anything.

Me at 30.664
Subaru brz 30.141
Cadillac CT4 Blackwing 30.109
1990 Miata 30.090 course designer
2017 vette 29.868
C8 ZO6 29.551

I guess I was 6th.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Beat you? Top six inside 8/10ths of a second? Sounds like your estimate is correct, "any given day". I say, Holey Shirt! Ya did fantastic!

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I ran an event with TAMU at least 10 years ago at an old airstrip. That was amazing, I'd never been to an event with so much space before. Looks good!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I’m happy with the results. My only run without a passenger was my fastest. If I would have had maybe 2 more runs without a passenger, I probably could have closed that gap more. My second fastest run I had a passenger and ran 30.864 which would have been good for 7th (buddy Bobby ran 30.742).

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I ran an event with TAMU at least 10 years ago at an old airstrip. That was amazing, I'd never been to an event with so much space before. Looks good!
yep. This was their first run since 2017, which they use to do at the airstrip. Something with new licensing to use the airstrip happened and it wasn’t feasible anymore. They got a lot of sponsors just to make this event happen, which was good. Glad they did it.