HP Tuners "not supported"

RGSkid70

I made the annoying discovery that HPTuners does not support the 05-06 2.2 liter Cobalt. I've been watching the threads from bradr where he has invented several add-on devices for the Goblin that eliminate the need for HPT on things like the ABS, anti-theft, and other warning lights. I would most definitely buy those if available. What alternatives are there, if any, to HPT if I ever decide to add aftermarket performance options and need to fiddle with the ECM / BCM?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure that there is much. I don't think TunerCat, SCT or EFILive will work on them either. That mostly leaves something that can work on the Hex code and you don't want to take that on.

You would probably want to look at an aftermarket FI controller.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I should probably also add, there could be hard coded limits in the stock ECM that might make it very hard or impossible to properly tune for boost. And probably going to be hard to find out if it’s possible.

Tinkles

An aftermarket ECU like Megasquirt, Link, Haltech, AEM, etc is an option. Most after market ECUs have a ton more features than any stock ECU. For a few reasons I am going to be installing Megasquirt 3 Pro Evo on my Goblin. With that I'll have options for launch and traction control, anti-lag, nitrous control, no lift shift, and a ton of other features that I might not ever use.