Installing 5-point seat belts

barichuk

With trial and error I figured how to install the DF supplied Corbeau seats, but I can't see how to install the belts. Does anyone have pics of where the belts attach? Do the shoulder and lap belts connect? Does the 'crotch' belt (for lack of a better name) connect to the other belts? For whatever reason the belts are like a jigsaw puzzle with no picture to me.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The eye directly under each seat is for the crotch belt.

The eyes on the outside of each seat and the welded nut on the tunnel are for the lap belts.

You install the two top points by wrapping them around the bar behind the seats, as demonstrated in this video. Please follow it to a "T" for safety.

Goblin Guru
Excellent. Makes sense. Follow-up: how does the crotch belt attach to the lap (or shoulder) belts?
Depends on the harness set. All 5 pieces should meet at a clasp right at your belly button. The clasp varies from harness to harness.

Goblin Guru
I'll be honest, having a standard-length frame, I don't get much out of the reclining seats. If my (shorter) wife ever wants to drive the car, aka NEVER, she would gain something from them, but for me, I would need an extended frame to get any utility.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I'll be honest, having a standard-length frame, I don't get much out of the reclining seats. If my (shorter) wife ever wants to drive the car, aka NEVER, she would gain something from them, but for me, I would need an extended frame to get any utility.
I ordered the ext frame not so worried about the reclining part as I am the no side bolsters