Introduction

SliderR1

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the group.

I've been reading about these kits for a couple of weeks now and plan on ordering a kit later this year.

I've been into sportbikes for a little over 20 years, mostly canyon carving and trackdays with a little roadracing experience, as well. With some recent life changes, I'm looking for a somewhat similar experience on four wheels, with a reasonable cost, and I think this kit will fit the bill. I enjoy the building aspect just as much as the driving and I've got two little boys (4 and 5) that are starting to show a real interest in things that go fast.

I live in Johnson City, TN - which is in the northeast corner of the state, so I have plenty of great curvy roads that I can't wait to thrash in a Goblin. My initial plans are to source a 5 speed donor and get the kit up and running. Based on my crude calculations, I'm probably going to be looking at adding a SC down the road to get the weight to power ratio near 6.5:1 or 7:1.

I've really enjoyed reading through the builds on here and look forward to sharing information.

Jaret

DanPerryy

My grandfather was born in Cranberry, just up the hill from Johnson city. You do have some great roads for a Goblin!