Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Yesterday drove two hours across what is known as Alligator Alley cruised along at 85 mph straight as an arrow.

Kids always love the big Go-cart so I let them climb around on it like it’s a jungle Jim.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So the last time I drove Goblin 1.0 was over a month ago and during that last time my wife and I were pulling into a parking lot when something fell and hit my leg and the steering wheel was turning completely free :eek:

The steering shaft had somehow came off the upper shaft, we were able to luckily slide it back on and was able to buy a tiny hammer at a grocery store to tap it from underneath just enough to be able to get home. I should have fixed it that same day but wanted to get a bolt rather than the button head cap screw that I had used which was probably why It was not torqued done as if it was a bolt.

Well first thing I did this past Saturday was to replace the button head with a bolt and make sure it was extra tight before being shipped out to Oregon later that day, the shipping guy showed up before I could even take it for one test drive up and down the street, if I had I would have realized that when I was on the side of the road the month before that I was off a few splines when I slide it back up.

Now the new owner is stuck fixing my mistake :(

Does anyone have a few quick pictures or video of the connection to show him what he needs to do to loosen the bolt, slide it off and back on straight? I have not pulled the engine of 2.0 out yet to be able to clearly show him.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
If you are talking about the pinch bolt that goes into the grooved shaft, can't you point him to the DF disassembly/assembly videos?

SkyRay

Yes, perfect this is all he should need at the 1:45 minute mark.

I had the same issue back in March, where I was driving down the road and the steering shaft hit my feet. Here's what I did to make sure the bolt would lock into the groove and facilitate putting more torque on it...