Just snapped an LSJ axel. Any solutions?

Edit: changed LNJ -> LSJ.
As the title stated, A spicy clutch drop snapped the axel on the drivers side. I will need to make a list of parts to get to upgrade to LNF axels.

Other than axels, hubs, knuckles is there anything else I may need?

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
I've never heard of an LNJ.
You own an LSJ, and you want to run LNF axels?
The LNF knuckles have a bigger taper (20.5mm I think) where the swing arm attaches, and it is getting hard to find.

As the title stated, I spicy clutch drop snapped the axel on the trans side. Since I’ll need to take apart the trans, I might as well make sure this doesn’t happen.

Other than lnf axels, hubs, knuckles is there anything else I may need?
Yep you’re right. Posted in a rush.
Another question for those with a F23 transmission. Can i push the driver side axel out from the passenger side axel input?

I've never heard of an LNJ.
You own an LSJ, and you want to run LNF axels?
The LNF knuckles have a bigger taper (20.5mm I think) where the swing arm attaches, and it is getting hard to find.
Correct, I have an LSJ.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Your asking if something can be inserted through the passenger side to push the driver side axle out? As long as there is no cross pin in the differential and you can make full contact with the face of the broken axle, it should be possible. But be cautious that slipping off the face of the axle could damage something else or also create foreign particles from this contact, depending upon how this is done and what material the inserted something being used is made of. I would recommend using a light to see if the axle end is visible before poking around inside the transmission, would hate to have another problem created while trying to fix this one.

A cross pin is what I’m afraid of. The reason I ask now is because I had to leave the goblin where it was, and I’m now trying to decide if I could do a roadside repair or just get it towed home.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I broke an axle too. I was able to flat tow it home. To prevent the half axle from flopping around, I looped a cargo strap around the axle, and supported the axle in its original position. The strap got a oil on it, from the grease that was everywhere, which turned out to be a good thing, as the axle was spinning in the strap loop. I towed it home about 3 miles.