Lark's Track Goblin No. 40 - 2008 LT ***REGISTERED***

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
My friend has been renting out one of the stalls in his home garage, the renter's car being a 25th anniversary Lotus Esprit. Today I learned that a different car has moved in to take the place of the Esprit. Looks like a Lotus Eleven.

Totally unrelated to my build, unless you count the two days when my stage one crate was stored there after picking it up in Tacoma. Or the fact that I started thinning my main harness there. Still cool though.

Attachments

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
After rushing my dog to the emergency vet clinic 30 miles away this morning because one of her recent surgery sites opened up and she was bleeding profusely from the abdomen, I actually worked on the car. Side panels are now wrapped, inside and out. Needless to say, I have much more appreciation for the skill of those who are good enough to make money at it. Also, for those looking to wrap their cars themselves, I can't recommended Avery Dennison's SW900 film enough; it's so easy for a total noob to work with. Interior is finished with satin black, and the exterior is the rushing riptide gloss colorflow (purple/cyan).

Attachments

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Panels are on. Heading to the licensing office tomorrow for a transit permit so I can drive to the scale house without trouble from the cops.

I'm also back on collecting parts for budget boost, having just snagged an intake manifold from a LK9 (B207R) equipped Saab 9-3 because I prefer the position of the throttle body on it compared to the LDK intake manifold from the Buick Regal. With some oil and coolant lines, tubing, and an air to air charge cooler, I should be able to turbo my car. I think that the stock Gen II L61 rotating assembly will survive the stock LNF turbo if I don't exceed the wastegate pressure.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I was planning on using that exact film to wrap my hood and engine cover, but after practicing on my hood with a cheap piece of ViViD, I got cold feet. Looks good!

Anks329

Panels are on. Heading to the licensing office tomorrow for a transit permit so I can drive to the scale house without trouble from the cops.

I'm also back on collecting parts for budget boost, having just snagged an intake manifold from a LK9 (B207R) equipped Saab 9-3 because I prefer the position of the throttle body on it compared to the LDK intake manifold from the Buick Regal. With some oil and coolant lines, tubing, and an air to air charge cooler, I should be able to turbo my car. I think that the stock Gen II L61 rotating assembly will survive the stock LNF turbo if I don't exceed the wastegate pressure.
Huh, I didn’t know that the trip permit would work in this case for us. I thought that was for cars that had been registered at some point and just had expired tabs. Let me know if you run into any issues. The trip permit is much cheaper than the uhaul rental I’ve priced out for Friday.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Huh, I didn’t know that the trip permit would work in this case for us. I thought that was for cars that had been registered at some point and just had expired tabs. Let me know if you run into any issues. The trip permit is much cheaper than the uhaul rental I’ve priced out for Friday.
That is true for the $30, three day temporary license permit. A transit permit is only good for two days and is specifically for getting emissions tests, weights, state patrol inspection, etc.

Anks329

That is true for the $30, three day temporary license permit. A transit permit is only good for two days and is specifically for getting emissions tests, weights, state patrol inspection, etc.

Ahhh... didn’t know about this transit permit! Learn something new everyday :) thank you! This will save me a ton on uhual or getting a tow truck.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
After reading everyone's comments regarding when and how frequently the fan comes on, I was concerned that my car was running really hot. Turns out I had my fan controller set to come on at 150°F, so that's a relief. Also, I really need to get it insured because it's been **** hard to not keep driving it after getting the tag.