Loose Shifter Rod

Hello, this is my first post to this forum. I recently bought a goblin built by mister Ken Ramey through a second party. It has the internals of a 5 speed 2010 TC Cobalt. I have a decent amount of play in the right rod of my shifter assembly. It appears that a nut is entirely missing. From what I can gather from the post on the forums detailing how to install the shifter assembly, all I need to do is get another nut, and then adjust the rod length until the bellcranks are straight up and down perpendicular to the tunnel when in neutral.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dsteinhorst

Yes, the way your picture shows isn't right at all. It seems like a spacer was jammed on there against the rod stake. I'm sure that has worn and is causing the looseness.

I would find a picture, but I bet you can faster than me.

Yeah, the pictures I've seen of a correct assembly includes a nut after that washer at the bottom of the picture. It's wack. I guess the previous owner took it off or maybe even broke it lol. I'm the third owner so who knows. Thank you for the confirmation. It definitely seems wrong. I don't want to assume anything when it comes to this vehicle.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I know one user replaced all of that plastic for metal. I’ll look it up, but not sure if he ever posted it.
edit: he never posted it, just a prototype that he showed me in person.

with the stock stuff, there should be nut, washer, washer, nut. On one there’s even a spacer in between.
7E917E45-E588-4F35-BA41-1E3C6FCE51A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess I just need to go get an extra nut down at the hardware store. So strange that it's just gone. Thanks for the info Rttoys.