Low seats

Batmonkey

Being 6'3 I need some low seats, right now I have stock, and my head is bar level, little scary. Any suggestions?

Desert Sasqwatch

Bigfoot Goblin
There are so many seat options available from the aftermarket. Depends upon how much you wish to spend. An aluminum racing bucket will give you more than sufficient headroom, even when wearing a helmet. Kirkey, Summit, Jegs and others sell these in various widths to fit your body type. I have Jegs 18.5 inch with the seat covers - very snug, but comfy for 275 lbs and 6'3". I also have the option of using sliders or not and still the head clearance.

Batmonkey

There are so many seat options available from the aftermarket. Depends upon how much you wish to spend. An aluminum racing bucket will give you more than sufficient headroom, even when wearing a helmet. Kirkey, Summit, Jegs and others sell these in various widths to fit your body type. I have Jegs 18.5 inch with the seat covers - very snug, but comfy for 275 lbs and 6'3". I also have the option of using sliders or not and still the head clearance.
what kind of mounts are you using?

Desert Sasqwatch

Bigfoot Goblin
My build log has all of this information with photos.

The aluminum bucket seats have side mounts, different than the bottom mounts used on standard seats. These are easily obtained cheaper off ebay than getting the more expensive ones from the seat supplier.

duthehustle93

For a Goblin, your best bet is to get a fixed back bucket seat with side mounts and no slider. Mount it low (to where the bottom of the seat is touching the floor pan) and recline it quite a bit. Typically, composite seats are more comfortable than aluminum seats but aluminum seats aren't bad with a decent padded cover. Each brand fits differently, but typically each brand will fit the regional body shape -- japanese seats fit on the shorter/skinnier side, euro fits tall/skinny best, american fits big/big best... generally speaking. I'd highly recommend sitting in a few seats before pulling the trigger, seat fitment is very subjective.

Batmonkey

For a Goblin, your best bet is to get a fixed back bucket seat with side mounts and no slider. Mount it low (to where the bottom of the seat is touching the floor pan) and recline it quite a bit. Typically, composite seats are more comfortable than aluminum seats but aluminum seats aren't bad with a decent padded cover. Each brand fits differently, but typically each brand will fit the regional body shape -- japanese seats fit on the shorter/skinnier side, euro fits tall/skinny best, american fits big/big best... generally speaking. I'd highly recommend sitting in a few seats before pulling the trigger, seat fitment is very subjective.
What kind of side mounts? Could I just take the slider of my stock seats?

Murcielago311

I ordered Cobalt sliders from eBay when I switched oem seats to cheap~ish racing seats. Only minor modification to get everything installed, pretty much the same as it took to get the oem seats in.

I was surprised how much lower I was in the car. I think most racing style seats will drop you down pretty good since the lower portion of the oem seats is pretty thick.