Parts wanted to make race goblin Street Legal

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Went to snake road salvage and picked up a steering column for 100, And a horn and shifter knob for 5 dollars
Then went scavenging for other stuff and bought a box of bolts and stuff for 15
Pretty good day I think

Attachments

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Here is a short video of my OBD display with six gauges that can be displayed, customized or replaced with a bunch of other including Fuel Level.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
What's your plan for mounting the factory steering column since the brackets have all been removed?
Weld some brackets in to hold steering along with mirrors, tail lights, head light bolt holder, gas tank angle iron, and etc. That’s the good thing about having one built already I can measure everything off of that one.
The car junk yard I go to has a ton of metal for a 1/4 of the regular cost .

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
As I understand it, the BlueDriver setup won't work as a hands-off, secondary gauge cluster. I experimented with installing Android and the BlueDriver app on a Raspberry Pi to use it as a key-on second cluster, and according to BlueDriver, there's no way to do it without touching the app a couple times.

Just making sure the folks here are aware.

CodyP

As I understand it, the BlueDriver setup won't work as a hands-off, secondary gauge cluster. I experimented with installing Android and the BlueDriver app on a Raspberry Pi to use it as a key-on second cluster, and according to BlueDriver, there's no way to do it without touching the app a couple times.

Just making sure the folks here are aware.
I've been doing some research into this as well. Not sure it would work with a raspberry pi, but should for a tablet. You can use an app such as Tasker to run a set sequence when the tablet detects power like it's been plugged in. Have it wired to a key on fuse and when you start the car it'll run the program. Then the same when the key is off to reverse the sequence. Here's a link to how it would work. Should allow you to be mostly hands off after initial setup, depending on how long your battery will hold a charge with the tablet in airplane mode.