Pedal box talk

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
So someone of you may know that when I went to instal my pedal box, the mounting point at the bottom was hacksawed off by a previous owner and wont work in the goblin now.

Have any of you seen or looked over a pedal box other than a manual pedal box? Ive seen that looking over this manual pedal box that I have shows that the brake pedal is only held in by a rod that is peened over on either end and sleeves in between to keep the pedal centered. This has me thinking. I wouldn't think that there would be that much of a difference seeing where the pedal box is mounted between the years.
What is to keep one person (me) from ordering a cheap pedal box with pedals off of Ebay for $40 shipped and reworking it into a manual pedal box. Cutting the one end of the pivot shaft off, pulling it through and putting the manual shaft through, welding the shaft that is peened over at the end and using the manual sleeves end manual brake pedal. The sleeves appear to keep the arm of both manual and automatic brake pedals in the center of the box.

In my head and from the automatic boxes Ive seen in pictures and manual box I have here, I think this is a feasible option and not that big of a project. I mean, for $40 shipped to the door its worth it in knowledge if nothing else.

Any thoughts?

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
If you are going to do all that cutting and welding, why not weld a corner back onto your current one, drill a hole, weld on a piece of tube for a spacer?
I also had the thought of just cutting down an automatic brake pedal to the shape of a manual pedal. Significantly less work.

I ordered an automatic pedal assembly. Ill see what options are when it comes in.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
So, at first glance these look the same physically, but then i look at how the brake switch works and it looks like they are not compatible.

Back to the drawing board. Might be cutting and welding that corner of the pedal box to reuse the manual box.o_O
20230907_155337.jpg
20230907_155438.jpg

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Wonder if I shouldve looked for a 08-10 automatic if that wouldve changed things for me?

Nope. I shouldve just looked closer st what I was ordering. Orientation of/and brake switch wouldve saved me a bit of headache. Atleast now I know what Im looking for and what Im not. :rolleyes:

One has a depressed on/off switch and one had a rotating on/off switch. I need the rotating bracket to make it work.

Last edited:

Sebnuts

the rotating one is considered "late model". Not sure what the actual cutoff is, but my 2008 SS/TC was a late model version.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Found one pulled from a 2010 with the right bracket and switch setup and bonus, it comes with the foam piece where the brake pedal connects to the booster :cool:

Conclusion.

I could not find a 2008-2010 manual pedal box. The 2010 automatic pedal box I ordered was the same size as the manual pedal box. I cut the larger automatic brake pedal down to the smaller manual pedal size and put the manual pedal cover on it. Everything fits into place. I used my original 2009 manual throttle pedal. The brake pedal switch was identical. Message me if you have any questions, Ill be happy to help.

Last edited: