Pedal Operated Parking Brakes?

Imacflier

Good afternoon, all,

First post....and a likely soon to be builder.

If you are an old fart, like me, you probably remember parking brakes operated by an additional foot pedal. It seems to me that this would solve a lot of the registration issues I have read about on this forum. So I did a search on Amazon on foot operated parking brakes and got lots of hits. This should work exceptionally well with the spot caliper brakes used on the Goblin.

Has anyone tried this? Or have thoughts on why it would not work?
---Larry

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Are you referring to foot pedal for the actuator as apposed to a handbrake? I don't really see the advantage. Plus there is no room left in the footwell to any additional pedals (unless you have an automatic).

Ross

Goblin Guru
DF offers the hand operated parking brake that came from the donor car. Not sure what registration issues you are mentioning, but the hand brake should not be an issue.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
They are also not spot brake calipers anymore. They came up with a caliper from a Pontiac that has the parking brake built n to the hydraulic caliper.

Oldchevyguy

I though about this idea, and a hand pull option like on a toyota pickup. The problem is both would have cables and arms underneath the floor, where road clearance is scarce. The cobalt style handbrake lever is the best option, as it is already in the tunnel.