PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

Briann1177

Goblin Guru

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Be sure to keep the shifter cables, parking brake (cables, aluminum tubes, etc.) and every nut, bolt and screw you can pull from the carcass. If you don't use them on the Goblin, they will be used somewhere else. :)

PyroGuy923

Started to watch the new wiring video series an noticed the fuel pump wires were uncut. At 6:44 of Part 6 of the build guide it says to cut these wires. Did I mess up?

bradr

Started to watch the new wiring video series an noticed the fuel pump wires were uncut. At 6:44 of Part 6 of the build guide it says to cut these wires. Did I mess up?
You can cut the wires (as shown in their earlier videos) or drill out the rivets and remove the connector assembly (as implied by their later videos). In the end, the wires get cut anyways.

PyroGuy923

On the wiring harness extensions that need to be added, is there enough proper color wires pulled from what is cut out or so I need to get wire?

RouteAbel

On the wiring harness extensions that need to be added, is there enough proper color wires pulled from what is cut out or so I need to get wire?
There is enough excess wire as long as you dont care about matching color. If you do care then DF sell a small wiring kit.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I had to cannibalize my original donor's harness to match the colors properly. Sucks because I was going to donate that harness to DF. :-/

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I had to cannibalize my original donor's harness to match the colors properly. Sucks because I was going to donate that harness to DF. :-/
We will still take it. Quite often, customers wiring harnesses will come in with a broken or missing connector.

Goblin Guru
We will still take it. Quite often, customers wiring harnesses will come in with a broken or missing connector.
If all you need from it is connectors, I can shear them off and save you a bundle on shipping. Plus, I've got other harnesses I can do the same with, since I had two donors, plus an extra couple harnesses from a guy I know that parted out his Cobalt SS. PM me what you'd like me to do (whole harness vs. shearing off the connectors).

Last edited:

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Well, got the donor stripped most of the way yesterday. Just need to strip the dash and the rear.

My engine didn't have the lift brackets so we made the ones of my old VW R32 motor work.

Dash out as well.

Wiring harness all boxed up.
If you go to sell your catalytic converter. I told the guy he could have it for 20 dollars and we met up and he pulled a big wad of money out and give me a 100 dollar bill and kept looking and pulled out another 20. I was shocked he said I knew you didn’t know what you had. He said there are precious metals in there. If he can give me 120 for it I wonder what he gets for it. He had some app on his phone that told him what it was worth. Who knew?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If all you need from it is connectors, I can shear them off and save you a bundle on shipping. Plus, I've got other harnesses I can do the same with, since I had two donors, plus an extra couple harnesses from a guy I know that parted out his Cobalt SS. PM me what you'd like me to do (whole harness vs. shearing off the connectors).
What were the harness from?

Goblin Guru
What were the harness from?
The big one is from the 2007 SS/SC. I've also got bits of others, like a dash harness and a partially intact headlight harness from my 08 TC. I've also got a body harness from a 2010 TC, but it's from a flood car so maybe we should forget about that one.