PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Got the rest of the donor body stripped over the weekend. Just have the dash left.

Don't forget to grab your e-brake cables, e-brake tubes and e-brake handle assembly if you are going with DFG's e-brake solution. I noticed your cables were still there. I didn't know I had to keep the tubes or cables when I stripped my donor, so I had to source them again!

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Don't forget to grab your e-brake cables, e-brake tubes and e-brake handle assembly if you are going with DFG's e-brake solution. I noticed your cables were still there. I didn't know I had to keep the tubes or cables when I stripped my donor, so I had to source them again!
Did you buy the little plastic tips some where, mine fell apart when I took them out

Attachments

PyroGuy923

Got them when I stripped the rear. Thanks.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Congratulations to you.
My Goblin 189 might be here today or tomorrow haven’t heard from driver.
Adam said they were picked up and left there place around 5 PM ON MONDAY AND THAT IS ALL I KNOW.
WHEN THEY WILL GET HERE WHO KNOWS

PyroGuy923

This waiting game is going to kill me. I should have ordered my chassis weeks ago.

What maintenance items do you recommend I do before assembly? Donor has 126k on it.

I know the timing chain guide bolt is cheap insurance.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
1. Make sure everything is clean and painted how you want.
B. replace spark plugs, oil filter, oil (if you can get to the drain plug), belt, check tensioner.
III. Thin out engine harness
d. Make sure everything is clean and painted how you want.
5. Make vroom vroom noises

that might be it.

Ross

Goblin Guru
This waiting game is going to kill me. I should have ordered my chassis weeks ago.

What maintenance items do you recommend I do before assembly? Donor has 126k on it.

I know the timing chain guide bolt is cheap insurance.
Timing chain tensioner is a common Ecotec failure. A new tensioner has a bolt head that bulges out, the old stock one has a flat head.