Quickest build?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Mine was roughly 6 months from buying tHe cobalt to “driving”. Add 2 more months for ”finishing”, inspections and getting tags.

I usually tell people a solid 6-8 months, if you are committed, but still deal with life issues. I was fortunate I did mine during Covid (like JBINTX) when everything was shutdown, so could come home from work and work on the toy. Not like I could go anywhere anyways. Fun fact, JBINTX and I picked our frames up together the day everyone was shutting everything down around here. He did his much quicker because he was retired. :D

Fozda

Goblin Guru
We stripped the donor in a day and did all of the prep work before the kit was ready.
The wiring harness was by far the most time consuming part.
Picked up the frame on June 4th, welded extras on the 5th, dropped off for powdercoat on the 7th, picked up from powder on the 11th.
Started the build on the June 11th, "finished" on the 14th. Then it took about a week to track down a wiring issue and another week waiting on backordered parts before going for the first drive on the 26th.
Took it to the dyno on July 6th and then autocross on the 12th.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Solo build in a carport during a Michigan winter. Start on the chassis March 12th first start March 20th and first drive April 4th. So I think 8 days (mostly nights after work) from powder coated frame to running is pretty good for one guy.

As for longest drive for a donor. My brother in law and I flew out from Detroit international airport on a Friday morning at 9am. Landed in New Jersey around 11:00am. Purchase the car and hit the road by 1:00pm. Drove back to Detroit international airport and arrived there at 10:30pm then home by 11:00pm with the donor. You can say that was a LONG day

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm over two years now. My biggest problem is I have a 45' x 80' shop with plenty of room for multiple projects. No pressure to get the car project out of the way. MIne is also not going to be a standard build so many changes result in lots of time planning and engineering. Some guys have built first, then made the upgrades later. I've been trying to anticipate all the upgrades I want and incorporate them up front. The forum has been invaluable from that aspect.

I admire the guys who clear their cars out of the garage and then with limited space and tools, put a very nice car together. I'm sure the pressure to get the cars back in the garage helps speed up the build process.

I know I need to start on a build log. I've been saying to myself I'll start it soon for a long time. When I start building in earnest, I promise to get something posted.
@gofast, still waiting on your build log so we can see what wondrous modifications and additions you are making to your Goblin. :D