Radiator brackets on subframe - Necessary?

Johvans

Has anyone found the lower radiator brackets to be useful for mounting anything? I am in the process of preparing the sub frame and was going to remove them to clean up the sub frame if they aren't used for anything.

Thanks!

JSATX

Goblin Guru
They aren't used. Each one has 3 bolts and is easily removed. (Not that you need to be told that, just to confirm were talking about the same thing.)

Johvans

They aren't used. Each one has 3 bolts and is easily removed. (Not that you need to be told that, just to confirm were talking about the same thing.)
Yea! I've already removed the pieces that bolt to the sub frame. I was referring to the section that is welded to the sub frame. Per Adam they used the piece that remains as a mount for the ambient temperature sensor. I'm going to remove mine from my sub frame. I'll post pictures of what I'm referring too later.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Oh yeah I gotcha. That welded portion isn't needed either. My ambient sensor is in the front of the car.

DanPerryy

The low welded one of the left side is where I am mounting my external temp sensor. I ground the other off.