Read is Greyed Out

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I tried to pull my base file out of my ECM tonight and the ‘Read’ option was greyed out. Any ideas?

I did register my MPVI2+ on the HP Tuners site and re-sync’d the unit. If I open the Scanner program it will recognize my vehicle with year, model and VIN. Also, the previous owner says it has the GM Stage 2 tune.
525E3691-A655-45BA-B5B4-B4DEBB10931D.jpeg

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Thanks! I had a tune file already opened and needed to close it. I had heard the ECM’s from could be tune locked and was worried that might be my situation.
One note, my intercooler fan was spinning faster during the download. As soon as the transfer finished it went back to normal.
I don't have this happen because I have my intercooler fan missing, but it does create the opportunity for an important reminder: if you're reading/writing in your garage, and you own a battery charger, make sure you're trickle charging the battery during your tuning process. Aside from the recent crop of ECMs taken out by buggy HP Tuners software, the previous most common cause of bricked ECUs was low voltage during write processes. Obviously if you're out on the road that's not as feasible, but I trust my battery more when the car's just been driven than after it's sat in the garage for a few days (although mine lives on the trickle charger when it's not being driven anwyay).

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I definitely did have my car on a battery charger and the laptop hooked up to power during the download process.