SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Been out driving in my sub a few times to get some bugs worked out. Finally go my MAF code to go away then developed a miss fire. It was cylinder #4. So I figured it was a bad plug from turning the ignition on an off too many times without starting it. Didn’t fix it. Switch the #1 and #4 coils and the miss moved. What are the odds that I fix one problem and another one popped up. On a good note I’m 99% done with the wiring

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
When replacing the timing chain guide bolt do I need to worry about anything falling out? Or do I just pull the plug back the bolt out and install the upgraded bolt. I just don’t know if I have to worry about anything coming loose.

Ross

Goblin Guru
My plastic cam chain guide was missing a small black plastic piece, and the bolt head was no where to be found.
But I did find those pieces later. Luckily, the screen on the oil intake prevented any catastrophic issues, and they probably lived down there for years before I owned the engine.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have a couple of pics here. Lonny ran the cables beside the sub frame, I ran them thru the middle. Both ways has a 180 degree turn at the back of the goblin.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Made some more progress today. Got the parking brakes installed. M6 riv-nuts worked great since I had riveted the tunnel on already. Hopefully I’ll start the registration process this week or next. It’s hard to get a application at SOS here. You may know it as the DMV

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Has anyone thought about cutting the windshield bracket on the hood side and add in hinges that allow it to fold forward and not backwards? This would allow the hood to open and hinge at the rear mounts. This is beyond my ability but think it can work

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
With some modification to the front, you could probably do it. To swing up in a stock configuration though, it would have to come forward a little bit first.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So the tire combo I’m thinking is 245 up front and 275 out back. If I run a 8.5” rim in the front and a 10” in the rear can anyone help me with what offset I’ll need. I like that with the stock wheels I can go lock to lock with plenty of clearance on the a-arms and would like to keep that

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So the tire combo I’m thinking is 245 up front and 275 out back. If I run a 8.5” rim in the front and a 10” in the rear can anyone help me with what offset I’ll need. I like that with the stock wheels I can go lock to lock with plenty of clearance on the a-arms and would like to keep that
Google wheel offset calculator. It will let you play w all combos