SS/TC on copart

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Unfortunately in MI I think you need to be a broker to bid on the cars at auctions, general public cannot. I seem to remember while looking for my donor on Copart, running into this issue.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Unfortunately in MI I think you need to be a broker to bid on the cars at auctions, general public cannot. I seem to remember while looking for my donor on Copart, running into this issue.
At least from PA, I am not allowed to bid, you are correct on the broker. So... some shipping fees, some copart fees, some broker fees... maybe if you get it cheap enough it could be a good donor.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Broker fees are about $400 so not a major deal breaker. I bought my donor a SS/NS and won the prebid price of $900. Adding the auction fees, broker fees and $250 shipping, my out the door price was $1750. Not super cheap but was a California car with 85K miles and all new brakes, steering and suspension components. Zero rust and sold $2200 worth of parts off it.

LaunchPad

OLDB1 has told me to "get on it" lol.

Our dealer license guy we usually use for donor cars is excluded from the auction for some reason so i am trying to resurrect my old account and sort out the rest of the deal before it expires

LaunchPad

Well, this doesn't look like it is going to happen. Apparently, the location is NOT small guy friendly and coparts has gotten too big for their britches. So before even actually bidding expected costs for the car would be TWICE as much as our most expensive donor so far. (RE-sign up fees, brokers fees, equipment rentals on site if we drove, fuel or shipping, co-parts fees, the list goes on!) Was a pretty big shock.

Getting the titles cleared from an out of state auction site has turned in to royal headaches in the past as well. We bought four S-10s a while back and remembering that fiasco shoulda been enough to say like the Muppet aliens: nope, nope, nope!

I need 2~3 more donors over the next year. . . I think I will keep looking more local for them and do more looking on iaai or craigslist for crying out loud.