TC No-Lift Shifting

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Im not into a goblin yet, but my ABS works beautifully.
So you are keeping the ABS in the Goblin? Believe a couple others have tried this but don't recall seeing any successful installations in a Goblin. Keep in mind the drive end is now swapped to the back end and getting the ABS to sense the different dynamics will be a real challenge.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
So you are keeping the ABS in the Goblin? Believe a couple others have tried this but don't recall seeing any successful installations in a Goblin. Keep in mind the drive end is now swapped to the back end and getting the ABS to sense the different dynamics will be a real challenge.
No mention of goblin in my near future. Still driving the cobalt until time comes to dismantle.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Nice that your Cobalt is working perfectly as many other donors also have. Thanks for the info about how the 'competition mode' is set up with the traction control button. The launch control is dependent on the traction control which uses the ABS to limit wheel spin.
The focus of this conversation is about the ability of those features to function once a donor has been sacrificed to become a Goblin. As a group it has been determined the no-lift shifting functions in the TCs as it is independent of the ABS or traction control. If there is some way the 'competition mode' is able to function that would be a bonus. Any insight you may have once into your Goblin build or something you may come across on Dr. Google would be greatly appreciated. :D

Christopher Sanchez

What is “competition mode”?
If I remember correctly from when I daily'd my cobalt it was a setting where you could deactivate traction control but maintain stability control. It also enabled launch control which I couldn't tell if it actually did anything aside from holding the RPMS around 4k. However with all of the goblins grip and its sometimes viscous snap over steer I cant see the cobalt's stability control doing much good without some major tweaks. I can vouch that no lift shift does indeed work when I am brave enough to use it

Last edited: