Throttle Sensitivity

Dsteinhorst

I've noticed the 06 ECM doesn't have the MAF resolution that my E37 PCM has.

Here's an LSJ

Here's my LAP

Keckster, it seems like despite the lower resolution, you were able to get it dialed in?
Anyone experiencing any issues, check to make sure your tuner didn't turn off dynamic air. Dynamic air helps tip in and tip out transitions.

This is an example of it being OFF on an LSJ (This is the original poster's tune and could contribute)

This is on:

I'm still learning, but slowly finding things that help us all out. I'll share as much as I can, and will certainly accept input.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You might be able to change your row header to increase resolution in low flow areas in exchange for resolution in the upper range, especially if there are areas of the range that are never reached. I don't know what the limits are to change headings in the non-turbo ECM's and don't know specifically about this particular table on the Turbo's since I didn't need to go there.

YoungGun

Yes, that looks good. How do you like the extra spring on the gas pedal?
I haven't installed one, that was someone else who did. I'm thinking about doing it. Need to measure it out and find a spring that would fit and provide enough resistance. Do you think this would be a decent fix?

I've seen you post about a touchy gas pedal + touchy throttle response = bucking due to oscillations of your foot. At least I think that was the problem you had. Did you find a fix? I was thinking either I need to retune to tame it, implement a throttle controller on the gas pedal, get more practice + brace my foot against the tunnel cap + ride the clutch more, or possible this spring would stiffen it enough that the touchy throttle response could be managed with a more deliberate gas pedal. Thoughts?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, tuning the engine helped a bit, holding my foot against the center tunnel also helps. Mostly I think I have just learned to drive the car carefully in first gear. I should try the spring fix too. Curious if it helps.

Chubbs

I added an extra spring to mine, but I can't honestly say how much it helped. I'm not really sure that it helped at all.

After months of tuning, the spring, and just getting used to the car, I can now drive it more or less "normal". Between those three things, I think the tune probably made the biggest difference, followed by practice. The spring might have helped, or it might not have. It most definitely was not a cure-all.

Even after all that, on rare occasion in second gear I will still lurch like crazy for no apparent reason. If the throttle is touchy right now, you can try a spring but I would not expect that to fix it.