Traé’s Goblin (06’ SS/SC #501)

Traé

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
And if you can grind the aluminum down to the level of a bolt, you might be able to weld a nut onto it and unscrew it.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I can fit a smaller diameter bolt all the way through the hole. I may be able to just role with that,
Unless I'm missing something from the picture, you still have a lot of bolt left in there and can and at least drill it more before you get into the aluminum. and the offset is towards the case, so it won't hurt of you are putting in a smaller through bolt to go all the way to the aluminum.

Traé

Unless I'm missing something from the picture, you still have a lot of bolt left in there and can and at least drill it more before you get into the aluminum. and the offset is towards the case, so it won't hurt of you are putting in a smaller through bolt to go all the way to the aluminum.
The lip you see that looks like the bolt is where an off-center, larger hole was being drilled. I stuck a drill bit in there and it looks like a 1/2" hole was started. There is not much bolt left but on the top right of the hole there is enough bolt to be causing me trouble with the tap. I'm going to get the largest bolt I can through the hole and fasten it with a nut.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
The lip you see that looks like the bolt is where an off-center, larger hole was being drilled. I stuck a drill bit in there and it looks like a 1/2" hole was started. There is not much bolt left but on the top right of the hole there is enough bolt to be causing me trouble with the tap. I'm going to get the largest bolt I can through the whole and fasten it with a nut.
You might ask your machine shop guy for size, grade and torque recommendation.

Traé

Got an email from DF, frame will be shipping out this week!
Already scheduled to get the frame painted the first weekend of march.
I have completed the timing job on the motor this past week and this weekend got the motor fully reassembled and the engine harness reinstalled. This will be a long week waiting for the call from stewart transport :D.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Got an email from DF, frame will be shipping out this week!
Already scheduled to get the frame painted the first weekend of march.
I have completed the timing job on the motor this past week and this weekend got the motor fully reassembled and the engine harness reinstalled. This will be a long week waiting for the call from stewart transport :D.
waiting stinks.