Trans Fluid Overfill

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Just curious what happens if you over fill the trans?
I filled mine with the rear in the air and it took a lot of fluid. During my drive to and from work today, it starting slinging trans fluid everywhere. When I got home I opened the top trans fill plug and a little bit came out, so it was definitely overfull. I can't find anywhere specific that it's leaking from, so curious where I should be looking.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Ok, that explains the difficulty shifting gears to. Well, that and the fluid everywhere. I was even slinging it on the inside of the wind screen. Stupid mistake, I know. I guess I remove the excess (done), clean it all up and drive a little to see where the leak is coming from?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep it came out of the vent, which is what it’s supposed to do. Now you have it correct, so clean everything up and keep rolling.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Just curious, where is the vent? I’d guess somewhere between the trans and gas tank based on the area that had the most fluid.

Dsteinhorst

I overfilled mine by about 4-6 ounces and I got some out the breather during autocross. I can take a picture of my vent if you want, but it's an F23, so it wouldn't look much like yours.