TUNER

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I have the Non TC/SC engine from a 2006 SS (Frame #227). I believe it is 171 HP stock. I would like to run either a tuner or have the computer reprogrammed. Just wondering which way most people are going and how they like the results. Thanks !!!

Ross

Goblin Guru
So you have the 2.4L SS motor? I am running HP Tuners, which has hacked into some of the GM tables, and allows you to reprogram the PCM.
I like that I can retune the engine, remove the check engine warnings on emission stuff, reset the radiator fan on temperature, etc.
It was $600 for HP Tuners, and an AEM wideband with gauge. For about $1000 you can have a stand alone system, which has more options, just depends on how wild of a build you are planning. HP Tuners can do some pretty wild builds just using the stock GM PCM.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
So you have the 2.4L SS motor? I am running HP Tuners, which has hacked into some of the GM tables, and allows you to reprogram the PCM.
I like that I can retune the engine, remove the check engine warnings on emission stuff, reset the radiator fan on temperature, etc.
It was $600 for HP Tuners, and an AEM wideband with gauge. For about $1000 you can have a stand alone system, which has more options, just depends on how wild of a build you are planning. HP Tuners can do some pretty wild builds just using the stock GM PCM.
Yes, 2.4L stock motor with headers. An extra 20 HP (or more) would be nice if possible with just a tuner. So I see the HP Tuner VCM Suite MPVI2 for $395 with 3 credits. And the AEM 30-0300 Wideband for another $185. Do you need the "Pro" version of the HP Tuner? It's $645 with 2 credits?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The Pro version isn't well supported on the MPVI2, so I generally say no. Also we only need 2 credits for a Goblin car.