Unofficial Discord Server Discussion

Fenix Nexen

Here is where we can talk about the uses of a discord server and its resources. Will update this thread as I go :)

I have looked over the replies and agree that the forum is doing a great job as is. Not everyone will be able to use discord and information should stay on the forum. I don't want people to feel like they will miss out by not joining. So I figure the use of discord should be only for what discord is good for, voice chat, screen sharing, video sharing and edge cases where real time text chat may be useful. Looking forward to feedback on the matter, the discord will have a text chat section for feedback as well. I will provide a link soon. There is also an admin role for anyone on the DF team.

When you join make sure to check out the rules and resources channel and hit the green heart to gain access to the voice channels and the ability to post to the rest of the text channels

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
We would use the forum here. It has the most info.
There may be people on discord who have never heard of a DF Goblin, and finding it on discord would give them the opportunity to check them out, and lead them back to here, where they can find more info, and buy one. I had never heard of a DF Goblin until one showed up on YouTube. It led me back here.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Think of it as more of an extension of this forum than anything else. The only people who will find the Discord server will learn about it here on the forum.

It's really just a clubhouse for forum members to hang out and socialize. If you ever want to IM chat with another member or have a voice conversation you can do it there along with screen sharing if you need to walk through tune logs or anything else you may need to look at together on your PC.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I joined up but don't have sufficient permissions to post, in spite of having hit the green heart button and being in the "Registered" role. Just FYI.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
It looks like this server was folded, for anyone that might be looking for it in the future.